1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

purchasing 2011 tacoma SR5 - vs - Sport

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by renner, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I guess it would change for each person due to their size. I cant say there is anything wrong with the SR5 seats, but the TRD seats just seemed to fit me, as if they were tailored to me. Maybe that is why I have such a strong opinion of them. My wife also had the same thought's as me as she liked the TRD seats better. I just liked everything about the TRD better, the looks of the sport, the locker on the off road, the power outlet, back up camera, overhead thermometer and the seats. So the SR5 was never an option for me personally. But the seats for me was a big part of it. But to each his own. :thumbsup:

2. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Congrats! :cheers:

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    My SR5 has a backup camera...and nothing else. Super spartan, 2 trip odos and the regular odo...and a backup camera.

But you're right - that's exactly how I wanted it. To each his own. SR5 won over the Sport without question for me, but if I had known about the extra drivetrain capability of the OR I might have gone that route.

My last car had a non-functioning scoop on it (Mustang) and I felt like a poser every time I thought about it. Couldn't do it all over again, so I avoided the scoop like the plague.

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    mattygabe

mattygabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab SR5
    Access Limited Soft Rollup Tonneau Cover
    You didn't have a "five-o" in that 'Stang, did you? Because that's probably the worst:D

5. Feb 22, 2011 at 3:41 AM
    renner

renner [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    renner
    n.y
    Vehicle:
    2011 double cab LB 4wd
    If i could have gotten an SR5, i would have our dealer couln,t find one, so we got the sport, they had a 2wd SR5 next to the sport and honestly we couldn,t tell the difference from the comfort of the seats, even the salesman thought its only fabric difference,it really isn,t that big of adeal its mostly for my wife anyway so she can haul all her kayaks , paddle boards and stuff with out having to borrow my freight train of a pickup.I just hope its trouble free and realiable and all is good,thanks again for the help you guys are really into your Tacos!

Products Discussed in

To Top