1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Purchasing soon, let me know what you think

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by 19thHole, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Mar 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    steffy

steffy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steffy
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner access cab
    I'm wanting to purchase a 2012 Prerunner, 2WD access cab, 4 cyl, automatic. None have been shipped into my state, and I'm unable to go out of state to purchase. None of my local dealers are interested in helping me except for one who said they "might" be able to do a dealer trade but that I might have a long wait. Do many dealers do "out of state trades," and if so, how much extra shuld I expect to pay?

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Dealers trade all the time, no bid deal, that's how I got my 5-lug and I paid $200 over invoice.

3. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    19thHole

19thHole [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC MGM Prerunner I4
    My experience was such that I bought at a dealer in Fayetteville, AR and actually sourced the vehicle from Jackson, MS. Granted, I wound up purchasing from a dealer that was a part of a gigantic network of dealers (Penske).

Otherwise them finding the vehicle should not add extra value, it is just more of a hassle for them to call around and check. You can do it for yourself actually by simply going to each dealers site, saying they have this truck, and telling your dealer you would rather buy from them. This is how my girlfriend did it when she bought from a family dealership for her '11 Jeep Cherokee.

Edit: I should also say that she bought from Dallas, TX and sourced hers from Oklahoma City, OK.

Products Discussed in

To Top