1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Push Button Start for 2012 Tacoma TRD OR. Want modify so key stays in pocket

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Joe Conrad, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Apr 14, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    kyledamon

kyledamon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Burlington, VT
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC TRD OR
    What about a necklace/lanyard with the key on it? Maybe with one of those retractable tethers on the end so you wouldn’t even have to take it off your neck. Wouldn’t have to search for keys anymore... Problem solved!

2. Apr 14, 2018 at 9:10 PM
    desertrunner24

desertrunner24 When in doubt throttle out

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Fresno , CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRDORAC Prerunner
    5/3 lift on 33s. trd intake, tbs, headers, and mbrp cat back. 13 steering wheel and headlight/turn signal switch swap. l.e.d bed light. maxtracs, ADS extended travel coilovers, camburg uca, dakar leaf packs, fox 2.0. Scs sr8 matte bronze w/295/70/17 Cooper st maxx. Fog light anytime mod with caliraised led 2x2 pods
    Not sure if anyone has the wish app, but they sell a kit for like 50 bucks. Not sure if it works for a Tacoma, but it's a universal install. I'll just stick with my handy dandy key.

3. Apr 15, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    Joe Conrad

Joe Conrad [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma, Charcoal 2012, double cab, 4WD,
    Panasonic Touch screen, w/GPS,/map, siriusXM, FM, AM, Steering wheel controls etc. installed tool box
    That EASYGUARD EC003 that I mentioned previously, highly recommends installation by a technician. So I took a print out of Amazon's description of the above kit to a local technician (he does installations for living) and he said he'd still have to see the kit. Having already sent back 1 kit because it had no proximity passive keyless unlock/lock, nor push button start. The EASYGUARD EC003 seems to answer my prayers as long as I order the Universal Immobilzer Bypass for Remote Start (only $10.49) to go with it.
    Check it out on Amazon, and tell me what you think.
    Is this a crazy idea or what ? It's the only kit I've come across that covers all the bases of my original premise .. . yes

4. Apr 15, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    Joe Conrad

Joe Conrad [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    Panasonic Touch screen, w/GPS,/map, siriusXM, FM, AM, Steering wheel controls etc. installed tool box
    Meant to type ... "yes ?"

5. Apr 16, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    Joe Conrad

Joe Conrad [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    Welp,..... the silence is deafening.

Anybody get a chance to take a look at the EASYGUARD EC 003 yet ?
    Do you think that will work ?
    One thing however, I am not sure where the push start 'button' would go. Maybe to the left of the steering column ?
    A bit tricky making a round push button fit in rectangle slot.... have to customize, because I don't think it can be placed where the key insert is.
    Opinions ?

And the proximity lock/unlock ? Will that do all doors or just front drivers side, ya reckon ?

Products Discussed in

To Top