1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Put 2 stroke in the Taco, no bueno, Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Konabomber420, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dec 8, 2017 at 7:29 PM
    Stocklocker

Stocklocker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBAT
  2. Dec 9, 2017 at 8:12 AM
    Konabomber420

Konabomber420 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Sr5 v6
    6" Fabtech K&N intake, Full exhaust, grill, bull bar, nerfs, rhino lined bottom 8" of body, DVD, tint dadadadada...........secret missile pods, smoke screen
    Ok ok I know, yes why why why ?? Yes in knowingly put 2 stroke in my truck, guess what it isn’t the first time I’ve done this and the 2 stroke it self doesn’t hurt the engine, hell some mechanics swear by putting some in every once in a while. Sure it smokes a bit but other than that no problem,
    And no this isn’t why I put it in there
    I had a bunch left
    Over and it was gonna get thrown into a burn pile so I figured I’d
    Save a buck or two. Anyway,
    I m not a shine my truck every day, obsessed with my taco Kinda dude, see I work in the woods and use my taco like s real truck, it’s dirty and gets used off road a lot. To be honest I actually was interested to see how it would run on a lil 2 stroke, so I put it in there. I realize to most of you guys this seems crazy and stupid, welcome to my world, but i digress.
    Anyway, I fixed it and I’ll give you some info. I ordered a new fuel pump assembly but the damn thing won’t be here soon enough so I figured I’d check out the “unserviceable “ filter sock on the current fuel pump to see if it was all mucked up. I pulled the bed, FYI it is much easier to pull the bed than drop the tank. Even if you need to drop the tank I would still suggest pulling the bed off too. It makes getting to the clips on top of the tank to disconnect the evap hoses etc much easier, the bed itself is a breeze, just need a buddy to help lift it off. I pulled the fuel pump assbly and got it on the work bench. No I didn’t take pictures sorry but it’s pretty straight forward. After getting the pump apart and finding the filter sock I couldn’t believe how much muck was in there. It was shocking. There was debris, silt, gravel, moss stuff, red paint from the inside of the jerry can! And a damn centipede was wrapped around the intake port of the pump itself.
    So I used two cans of carb cleaner, compressed air and some old tooth brushes and got that sock filter all nice and pretty again. Same with the reservoir in the pump assembly.
    I got it all back together, put some sea foam and filled her up with premium and took off for a test drive. WOW! Honestly, this truck has never run better. No more problems and I swear she’s
    Never ran this strong. The amount of crap on that filter was amazing. So much for unserviceable fuel filter cause I serviced it and it made a massive difference. Anyway, the 2 stroke itself didn’t hurt the truck at all for you taco dorks that think I’m crazy for doing so. The real mistake was not putting a filter in the funnel when filling from jerry cans. The fuel filter had classic red jerry can paint on it as well as a bunch of other crap for the other 170k miles she’s been alive. Oh and ps the tank was spotless clean on the inside and the injectors are totally fine as well. Hope this helps and happy holidays.

3. Dec 9, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    Stocklocker

Stocklocker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBAT
    :rofl::cheers::broccoli:

Cr250jumper likes this.
  4. Dec 9, 2017 at 10:13 AM
    Skyway

Skyway Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ande'
    St.Pete
    Vehicle:
    White 2009 regular cab
    Awesomeness! :cheers:

5. Dec 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM
    cruxofthebisquit

cruxofthebisquit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Orange Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 TRD
    OME and worth every penny.
    Sooooooo........two strokes used to "brap" in the '70s where I lived. Not often but sometimes. Now I understand it to be kind of exclusive to 4S's.
    It's kinda like how back in the '70s, if we said something looked 'sick', it meant not well.

BTW, guess I'm too late to say "sounds like that 2 stroke fuel wasn't so clean". People around here burn off old boat gas like this often. I'm already scared of ruined converters so I don't but anyway........I would if I could find some 'bean' oil just for the smell.

6. Dec 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM
    bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle I void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    back back to Fall City Fall City, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    Granted this is a 125 and the kid is 10, but just because you couldn't do it doesn't mean it isn't possible.
    https://youtu.be/t7po7NB8WvY

kashtyaatsi likes this.
  7. Dec 9, 2017 at 9:11 PM
    black coffee

black coffee A is A.

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC 4x4 SR5 V6
    ^^^
    Safety gear?

o0oSHADOWo0o likes this.
  8. Dec 9, 2017 at 9:25 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    Looks like a candidate for the Darwin award. :crazy:

9. Dec 9, 2017 at 9:33 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    2 Stroke seriously? Title sounds like the OP has a pre-mature injection problem.

My advice: Seek some professional help so you can put more than 2 strokes in her. She'll appreciate it. ;)

10. Dec 10, 2017 at 6:03 AM
    Jw88

Jw88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black TRDOR DCSB
    Bought it
  11. Dec 10, 2017 at 7:34 AM
    Tiberius

Tiberius Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora, CO
    Vehicle:
    Nautical Blue v6 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Hmmm all these people are putting oil+gas in the gas tank to get rid of 2 stroke gas. As great as that sounds here's a different method: I just leave the 2-stroke gas outside for 3-4 days in a bucket/container and the gas evaporates away and the oil is all that's left. Put that in the used oil can, problem solved.

12. Dec 10, 2017 at 7:49 AM
    TWENTYCO

TWENTYCO Tree top flyer

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    North FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road 4X4 Acess Cab
    Plenty mods on many vehicles since 1982. Current: 15 Tacoma 4X4 V6 TRD OR Access Cab Pyrite Mica- Icon full stage 7, All-Pro APEX sliders & rear Expedition Springs + custom Tampa Springs leaf spring upgrades, Timbren bump stops, u-bolt flip, Road Armor front stealth winch bumper & rear steel, Warn Vr 8000, Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/r16, Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery system, SPod 6 switch, 2 pairs Rigid D2 spot & flood in bumper, ARE Expedition Cap, bedglide,Tru Cool 45K GVW add on transmission cooler, Re-gear to 4.56, rigid rear bumper floods, scan guage II, rigid ditch lights. full size spare on matching factory wheel, seat mods/insert, CB w/magnet mount.
  13. Dec 10, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    Ralmoho

Ralmoho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ralph
    Florence Ky
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Tacoma SR5 Base
    Ivan Stewarts
    I'd find the best 2 stroke repair outfit near me...one that does commercial outdoor stuff.Ask for their best technician,see if they'll take it on.

14. Dec 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    :thumbsup: :cheers:

ChadsPride[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Dec 10, 2017 at 9:22 AM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Saved for later shenanigans

youcantseeme[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Dec 11, 2017 at 11:40 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    And this is why catch cans are worth. For us non premix Taco hoons.

17. Dec 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM
    Konabomber420

Konabomber420 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Sr5 v6
    6" Fabtech K&N intake, Full exhaust, grill, bull bar, nerfs, rhino lined bottom 8" of body, DVD, tint dadadadada...........secret missile pods, smoke screen
    Thanks for the technical info, but here in eastern Washington we have no emissions testing and my cat was cut off long ago.

twotwentyswift likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top