1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pyramid Schemes.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Bearskill, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jan 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    I managed to say out of about 4-5 of those (net2net, 2by2 blabbla bla). They were huge with my group of friends about 10 years ago. At the end there were a lot of people hating each other. I still have friends who will not look at each other in the eye.

2. Apr 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    So is that melaleuca stuff legit?

3. Apr 30, 2011 at 10:39 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    The key to being successful in MLM is to find a new program, and get in at the top. Have a friend who's near the very top of a MLM that does custom greeting cards & he's making bank. It pretty crazy how much he makes actually. Personally, I'm still waiting for the marijuana MLM. I'll be sure to make the meeting. :)

4. May 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    If a company's primary income is based on subscriptions, membership dues or initial startups, then it is without a doubt, a scam. I was a dumb college kid (never joined, smelled the rat) who went to a "meeting" for something called "IXP internet" where it costs $450 to join and just for signing up, you got 4x year-long dial up internet subscriptions. Their schtick was that you could find 4 family members who would pay $12/mo for internet and each would give you $120 and your initial investment was made up right then and there.

Basically, you only made money by getting other people to join up under you. They probably bought blocks of internet from AOL or something off those Free CDs they used to send out.

My dad sold mona vie and lost interest but never lost too much money.

And a large group of my friends tried to get my into Qivana (herbalife) and I turned that down too.

If you are motivated, dont mind being "that guy" who sells crap to his co-workers, family and dont mind losing friends over pestering them to join in on your scam then its worth it! but the fact is about 97% of people lose money in MLM. The other 3% are on TV telling you about how rich they are.

5. May 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC

it's a scam cause you have to pay up front for the products you are supposed to sell. like minimum of $600 for x amount of product to start off as a "silver" member, $900 for xx amount of product if you want to start off as a "gold" member, or $1200 for xxx amount of product if you want to start off as a "platinum" member etc.... on top of that the only way that you move up into the chain is you recruit more retards and amount of sales combined. so what happens if you don't sell all of your product cause nobody wants that shit or it expires? you loose!

a job/career is fake when you have to pay for it up front.

do toyota dealer salesmen/ women have to pay up front for 20 vehicles before they can start the job and sell them? nope!

6. May 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    As a natural skin treatment? Yes... I use it often for cuts and bee stings, as well as any other skin issue.

As a soap or personal care product ingrediant? Yes, seems to make things work better.

As a household cleaner or laundry detergent ingrediant? Yes, same reason as said above.

As an income supplement/ part time business? I was legit when I was involved with it about 20 years ago... Check it out for yourself.

7. May 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    Almost got caught up in one of these scams this summer from a couple friends, seemed so legit but my dad learned about this stuff the hard way when he was in college. Thank god for dads!

8. May 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
  9. May 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I hate all that crap and mother-in-law is all into that shit. I've been married to my wife for going on 9 yrs and way back early in our married years, she tried selling some shit to me like that and I told I wasn't interested nor would I ever be interested and please don't come to me talking about any business plan that involved me paying a company to join. From that point on our conversations consisted of saying 'hi' and bye' to each other, b/c she is always business all the time about this crap. My older brother once told me and I agreed with his thought before he said it, "Any good company is going to pay you to work for them, not you pay them to work for them"

10. May 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Thanks David. I have heard the products work well. I was also told that you only have to purchase ~$50 a month from them. And if you just switch your soap, toothpaste, detergent, ect, your not really spending any money extra.

Also, I was told that when you get people in you make x amount per month as long as those people are still buying their $50 a month. Is this true?

11. May 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    This ^^^^

I have had friends and family try to get me to do various pyramid schemes all of which I have turned down. My grandfather always falls for them and always has according to my mom.

I had a buddy I grew up with (school & played hockey together) and he wouldn't give up trying to get me to join Quixtar when we were in college. I finally started ignoring his calls. 7 Years later his facebook status updates are still about securing your financial future, don't take advice from someone who isnt where you want to be...bla bla bla...All that motivational crap. Well guess what 7 years ago when he started Quixtar he was a bank teller...7 years later he's still a bank teller, college drop out. I now make 4X as much money as I did 7 years ago, have my own house for 4 years now, a hefty sum in my 401k for my age (26 in July), Run a side business that actually makes me money, and I have a college degree...I guess he didn't get "rich" like he thought.

12. May 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Macgyver is only 26!? Thought he was older! Lol.

13. May 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    :spy:

14. May 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    All of these scams are lame, if u fall for any of these you would probably buy air from someone if they marketed it to you the right way. Wanna make money invest in something that actually has value like gold.

15. May 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    macgyver

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    Be Careful with Gold though, It's not a consistent performer in terms of long term investment...although its value has skyrocketed in the last few years when economies are strong and the dollar is strong gold typically falls. People use gold as a hedge.

16. May 2, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Vector Marketing+Cut Co...

I almost got hired with them last summer, didn't like the fact that you had to drive around waste your own gas money, and make your own appointments.

Here is a link that describes my 1 day experience with that company TO THE DOT!

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=202674&postcount=12

Now, I'm not saying it's a scam, but it's definitely not worth it...

Edit: I only went to the first day of "training" (unpaid), the second day I went it and said, "Nope, I don't want to do this. :cool:" hahaha, man that guy was begging me to stay and try it out. I

17. May 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
  18. May 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket

Products Discussed in

To Top