1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pyrite with Off road package?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MRCapps, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    MRCapps

MRCapps [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    So my dealer emailed me today and told me that none of the Pyrite Mica Tacomas came with the off road package! :( Is this true or just BS cause he doesnt want to try to hard to get it? Anyone out there have this? Its, really what i wanted!!! He said that he found a few with the sport package and SR5 package but not with the Off road and manual! :mad:

2. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    I don't believe that. Doesn't mean it's not true though...

3. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    MRCapps

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    Well, it really bites....!

4. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    wolf13

wolf13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4X4 Access cab TRD OR
    TRD Offroad w/Tow package. LEER 100XQ topper, painted grill surround, 08 cup holders, scangauge II
    sounds like he just wants to sell whats on the lot. I had that happen with one of the dealerships I contacted, if it wasn't on the lot it might as well not have existed.

5. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    snakebite

snakebite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hanover, PA
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma xcab 4x4 AT (7514)
    2005 4runner sport wheels, jeraco cap
    What are the particulars...xcab, double cab, long bed? I will search it in my inventory control system here at the dealership.

6. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    From what I can tell by going to Toyota.com and using the "build your own" feature this color is available in the 2010 with the OR package. I would use this function to build the one you want then print it out and fax it to your dealer. See what his response is then.

7. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    jameswirl

jameswirl Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport
    I would make some calls, check the internet. Not sure about the off-road pkg, but here's my story. I went in to one of our local dealers and ordered a 2010 DC LB TRD sport in pyrite mica. They were happy to take my deposit-called me back the next day and told me that Toyota won't build a long bed in pyrite. Didn't believe them and did some more research. Found a 2010 DC LB TRD sport in pyrite on the internet out of state. Told my sales guy about it and he still insisted that they do not exist. Called another local dealer and asked if it was available in our region. They confirmed that it was, and I ordered it from them. Should be in the middle of Nov. (last I heard) Was told that the pyrite is an uncommon color-that's why the wait. Bottom line-don't believe what the sales guys tell you without doing some research. Some of them would rather just sell you something on the lot or a truck that is already allocated to their dealer. Hold out for what you really want or take your business elsewhere.

8. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    MRCapps

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    SWEET! I want the double cab manual tranny with tow package and off road package in Pyrite Mica! oh yeah, 4X4 4.0 :D

9. Oct 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    jameswirl

jameswirl Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DCLB TRD Sport
    My first sales guy told me " toyota's website is wrong-we get that all the time"

10. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    snakebite

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hanover, PA
    Vehicle:
    found only two on the north east coast...batavia, ny and topshem, me. looks very tough to get. where are you located? You can order it from factory if you wanta wait.

11. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Good lord. They assume everyone is as stupid as they are.

12. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    MRCapps

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    Should have told him that dealers are wrong and that you get that all the time!:D

13. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    leg killa

leg killa Well-Known Member

Member:
    AMERICA
    Vehicle:
    06 SBDB SR5 4x4
    TRD Hood/ Color matched grill/ De badged/ BHLM/ Viper remote start/ Pioneer AVIC Z-130BT/ BFG MT KM2/ MT Classic II/ OME Lift/ LR UCAs/ Pop and Lock
    dont beleive dealers..all they care about is commission

14. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    snakebite

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hanover, PA
    Vehicle:
    it is true. Toyota programs those particulars in the beginning of the build and then everything changes according to demand. the brochures are the same way.

15. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    MRCapps

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    I will be in Florida in November. I will NEED the truck though by the end of November.... wont be able to wait any longer. Moving to California and will need it to get there.

16. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    You can at least order the truck you want, you might have to wait for it but it is made! It might not be a popular truck where you are from so they do not stock them in that form however you can order a vehicle from the factory in several configurations as long as you want to pay for it and wait.

17. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    TACOFEAVER

TACOFEAVER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    3" lift, and 265 75 R16 Trxus M/T's enroute. (to be installed in about 2 weeks)
    So as a Toyota Sales Guy I should clarify here -

according to my order guide... (so this applies to what is on the lot and what can be ordered!!)

Pyrite isn't available on 4x4 4cyl access cab base, 4x4 v6 access base or TRD, or 4x4 base, TRD, or TRD Leather...

So, basically is you want a 4x4 pyrite your options are

4cyl access SR5
    v6 access SR5
    v6 double cab SR5

it seems the exact same order specs for color also apply to Timberland Mica.

Hope this helps... I wasn't aware this was the case until I went digging!

Cheers,
    D

18. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    MRCapps

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    ?:confused:

19. Oct 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    TACOFEAVER

TACOFEAVER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    3" lift, and 265 75 R16 Trxus M/T's enroute. (to be installed in about 2 weeks)

they're not factory trd...

maybe dealer switched out some parts, etc...

Not available to order

( speaking from the Canadian Order Guide ) Don't know what might differ from the American one!

20. Oct 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    lightfire

lightfire Well-Known Member

Member:
    I guess that is in Canada, but I had a dealer today say he could order me a pyrite AC 4x4 TRD Off Road. And there is a timberland mica available now in this config. They just want too dang much for them!

To Top