1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Qestion on icons

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bearskill, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    If I have the normal length Icon coilovers can I run the TC spindles? Or do I need the extended Icons?

2. Aug 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    DylanICON

DylanICON Suspension Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra, 02 Tacoma
    Long travel, coilover, 2.5" ICON piggy backs, SC, Glass, 35", 4.88, HID's, ect.
    You are always safe with the standard length coilovers. They will work with any combination. If you have upper arms you can run the extended ones to get the extra wheel travel. The arms don’t give you more travel by themselves.
    Since you have upper arms you can send your coilovers to us and we can convert them to extended.

Call 951-272-4266. talk to Mike or Jeremy to get a service log number and details about getting it done.

3. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Icons, Bilstein 5100, Rear Leaf TSB, 17x9 American Racing Chamber Teflon, 275/70/17 Goodyear
    I believe it is just an internal spacer that they remove to allow more droop.

4. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Ya, Im happy with my normal length Icons. And I have the TC UCAs. I know you have to have the extended length Icons to run the TC long travel kit. I was just wondering if you have to have them for the TC spindles or not. My truck was sitting level the way it is. Normal Icons at factory settings and a Toytec 2'' AAL. But soon I am getting the OME Dakars with the extra leaf add on, and insted of just cranking up my COs I was thinking about getting the TC spindles. But if I have to get diffrent COs I will forget about the spindles. Know what I mean? Any help?

5. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
  6. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Yes, I did. I would like a deffinate yes or no before I try and order a $1300 part. I would rather sound like a jack ass here then on the phone ordering the thing.

To Top