1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

QI wireless charging

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by bdunna, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jul 1, 2015 at 10:28 AM
    bdunna

bdunna [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    Will this be a limited only option? Having a hard time deciding between trd sport or limited.

Help captain america! I see your going with the limited. Part of me wants the limited. Leather seats (hopefully power side drivers seat), heated seats, no chrome grill, no color matching dash, and jbl stereo.

Then part of me says trd sport. Hood scoop, suspension upgrade, color matched bumber and handles, outlet in the bed, upgradable to jbl.

Am I missing anything?

2. Jul 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    I can't make your decisions for you. Besides, you may be able to have all those things added to a Sport for an "additional fee."

Call me when the Red Skull attacks, or Black Widow has a "wardrobe malfunction."

Jystr, 7GR, JimBeam and 3 others like this.
  3. Jul 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    Can't make a decision for myself. Might have to get two or flip a coin. Sure would be nice if toyota would release some info

4. Jul 1, 2015 at 10:46 AM
    jonnyozero3

jonnyozero3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dry places
    Vehicle:
    '99 TRD OR V6 M/T
    OME, sliders, dents, hail damage, soiled armrest. Lightbulbs.
    Don't worry, I have it from a reliable source that Toyota will release some information sometime in the future. /s

On the topic of QI charging. I kinda wish they had a pad that was oriented vertically with some sort of padded squeeze mechanism so you could see the face of the phone while it was hands-off and charging. Would be very useful. But maybe that's a bad idea for legal, potential for distracted driving reasons?

5. Jul 1, 2015 at 11:13 AM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    It may be concerted via bluetooth and show up on your screen. I have seen newer vehicles like this and you can speak via speaker phone with voices coming through the speakers.

We will see. I know the avalon has the qi, but I think (could be wrong) only on the limited.

I would also like homelink

6. Jul 1, 2015 at 6:33 PM
    tasnowma

tasnowma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    06’ DCSB SPORT. 16’ DCLB SPORT. 14’ DCLB SPORT
    Premium tech package with JBL, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 BFG Rugged Terrains, AVS in-channel rain guards, all weather floor mats, bed mat...
    I am basing this answer off of the Limited and Sport pictures that have been floating around and don't know what final production models will actually include, so...

The Sport looks pretty stacked with available features. Qi wireless charging, heated seats, JBL stereo, sun roof, side markers, scoop, etc
    The Limited looks like a chromed out SR5 with the same interior features as the Sport, adding leather interior.

My plan is to purchase the Sport and add my own Katzkin leather... which basically gives me the best exterior appearance, and with all the goodies inside (along with installed leather) pretty much identical to what the Limited offers. I don't think power seats are offered in either model but we will see.

7. Jul 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    I like your style. I was thinking the same thing.

I don't need 18 inch wheels, but I do like big tires. talked to a local shop and priced 400 bucks for driver and passenger side heated seats. Not sure if katzskin requires use of their heaters or if any can be installed. Forgot to ask.

I rely like the sport and would rather have upgraded suspension, but don't need aftermarket. Living in Massachusetts you get snow, so you know what that's like. But as far as wheeling there simply are not many options here that I know of. Lots of corn feilds, but no boulders.

However, I do have to crawl over a few curbs and use a few back roads once in a while. Usually just good old iowa dirt and gravel ruts.

I love the sport, but want all the goodies. If I can get everything but leather and heated seats that will be my route.

I have been pouring over pics myself. Wife and kids think I'm nuts. But last time I bought a truck was 13 years ago and it was a little last minute. Had a regular cab and a kid on the way, new job, new wife, and new house.

I'll have to revisit those pics.

8. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    tasnowma

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    Premium tech package with JBL, 2" Rough Country lift, 265/70/17 BFG Rugged Terrains, AVS in-channel rain guards, all weather floor mats, bed mat...
    Well the Sport does show heated seat buttons so the only upgrade would be the leather itself, saving a bit on aftermarket install and you still get that nice stock button setup. The ONLY thing the Limited has that the Sport doesn't is the 18" wheels, which in my opinion, isn't enough to base a truck purchase on. As for the slight off road use, the Sport has better suspension components. You have your answer.

9. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    My only other concern is that color trimmed dash. I don't like it. Unless it's gray or black. I think white, blue, and red would just look dated.

Hopefully I will get my new obsession before they start salting our roads.

10. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    tasnowma

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    I'm going Super White. I think it looks great. White looks good with the LED daytime lights and my current white paint has held up well.

As for the interior color match... I dig it. Here is a big from user Ariyan who matched some interior bits on his 2nd gen.

3337f532ed48cbfc39f158eb718838f3_e406e496b3969317cc0fcece954fbadd8c4dcfe5.jpg

11. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    tasnowma

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    I really dig this shot from the 16 Sport. Picturing the red interior paint being Super White, I am okay with!

sportinterior_zpsgnrvrmrb_42304c7232e8ce263dfd2142fe9e0bc484eb296e.jpg

12. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:28 PM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    That's actually kinda cool. I think the red is throwing me off. I just don't like red. Not sure why. When I saw the first pictures of the trd sport in red I didn't like it. The more I looked at it I realized it was the color.

I am still wondering why the limited has the gray grill and the sport has the chrome. I can handle one chrome piece. I guess it has to be some color

13. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    Where did you get that video! Please share

14. Jul 1, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    mingo

mingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    What's the ballpark price to get the truck done in Katzkin leather?

15. Jul 1, 2015 at 9:21 PM
    aggiepack

aggiepack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Vehicle:
    [**SOLD**] '08 Super White reg. cab waiting for the '16
    Fat Bob's 5 lug 2."75" Lift Kit, Fat Bob's Performance 8000 Rear Shocks, 235/75/15 BFG A/T tires, UWS Low Profile Tool Box, AVID Off Road Sliders, Chrome Grille Assembly, Fog Lights, Black badges, Tinted Rear Window, TRD Bed Mat, TRD Off Road Floor Mats, Maglite Mount, CoverKing Seat Covers
    bdunna[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  16. Jul 2, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
  17. Jul 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM
    tasnowma

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    I'm no expert but to custom order a set and have them installed at a local installer, I believe it is in the $1500 ballpark. Me, being a do it yourselfer, I'm gonna wait til they become available for the 2016, order a set online and do the painstaking install myself.

18. Jul 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM
    bdunna

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 tundra access cab
    I am no expert either , but from what I have seen that seems to be about right. I'm a do it yourselfer also, but with the wire wondering where the leathers coming from and three kids I may have it done.

BTW, back to the thread. Toyota added a bit of info on their website and it states qi wireless will be available on the stepped up version of the sport.

I have a feeling on July 15th we may here something. Hopefully big!

19. Jul 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM
    tasnowma

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    MA
    Vehicle:
    Link?

20. Jul 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM
    mike2810

mike2810 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona - Rim Country
    Vehicle:
    had 06 Sport 4x4 , now 2016 Nissan Pro 4x
    "Toyota’s legacy of off-road adventures continues with the all-new 2016 Tacoma. Tacoma SR’s bold front end and chiseled styling are ready to work, and its standard GoPro® mount helps capture all the action when it’s time to play hard. Tacoma SR5 is the fearless icon built to dominate, with an available all-new V6 engine, plus features like keyless entry, a colorful 4.2-in. information display and projector-beam headlights. The athletic Tacoma TRD Sport gets extra tech and style with Qi wireless charging,10 Smart Key System11 with Push Button Start, and an aggressive hood scoop. Tacoma TRD Off-Road amps up the toughness with standard Crawl Control12 and Multi-terrain Select. And Tacoma Limited adds refinement to the ruggedness with embossed leather trim, a moonroof and a Blind Spot Monitor13 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.14 Get ready for epic off-road fun. Let’s go places.

http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehi...E|2016+Tacoma+Reveal|UpComing+Vehicles_Tacoma

Now sure how new that is. Seems to me the same text from months ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top