1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about a ticket in colorado

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by NetMonkey, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    grrr..... i got a ticket tonight for "disobeying a stop sign."

the full fine is $180 and 4 points on your driving record.
    but the cop said (and its indicated on the ticket), that there is an early payment discount for a fine of $160 and 2 points on your driving record.

he also said that paying early would reduce the violation to a lesser charge that would be a non-moving violation. (better for insurance rates).

so my question is... can you go to traffic school to have the ticket waived? and if you can, is it worth the risk to try to go into court to ask for it? from what i could gather, you may or may not be approved for traffic school and, if you are not, then you get the full fine.

anyone gone through this before?

thanks,

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 2:01 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Here's some info for you...

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/Colorado-speeding-ticket.html

http://www.drive-safely.net/colorado-driving-schools.html

A lot might depend on what city/county you got the ticket in. Colorado sure makes it easy to prepay. But they don't make it easy to get traffic school (less revenue in the state's pocket). You might want to contact the court clerk in the county where you got the ticket and ask them about it. Two points isn't bad and shouldn't affect your insurance .. but you might be able to get a reduction to a zero point "fixit" ticket and traffic school. You could still end up paying as much in court fees and traffic school costs though.

3. Aug 16, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    I got a speeding ticket and just payed it early for the reduction from 4 to 2 points also. Ran my dmv report 8 months later and nothing even showed up on it! Dunno if i got lucky or the non moving volition doesn't show up on the report.

4. Oct 24, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Take it to court, Believe me they will give you an even better deal right off the bat. I went from a 6 point over 20 speeding ticket at 250 dollars to a defective headlamp 0 points for 90 bucks. All because i went to that first court date.

Products Discussed in

To Top