1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about adding second overload back to OME Dakars

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by abarber11, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Dec 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    abarber11

abarber11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    When I had my OME Dakars installed I had the shop remove the second overload spring from the pack. I'm a little nose high now and I want to add the overload back.

Do I have to remove the whole leaf pack from the truck to add the overload back, or can I just remove the u bolts, one retaining clip, and center pin?

2. Dec 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    CCPTacoma

CCPTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Boise, ID.
    Vehicle:
    09 Trd Sport DCLB
    My guess is its just like putting in a normal AAL check the sticky on it

3. Dec 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    It can be done, but IMO it would be easier to just take them off the truck. Make sure you clamp the leafs together before removing the centering pin. It would be awkward working with limited space, you can't drop the axle to far without stretching brake lines, lining everything back up when re-assembling would be a PITA with the main leaf still attached to the truck. You should probably get new u-bolts. Putting the overload back in should give you about 5/8" lift.

4. Dec 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You have to remove them

5. Dec 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    BCephus

BCephus Alright then

Member:
    First Name:
    Slingblade
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DCabSB 6 speed OME'd
    OME 886/dakar heavy, ARB bumper, 9.5XP warn, PDM tranquil kit, custom bullet hole tailgate anti theft kit, Camburg ball joint UCAs, Centerforce II clutch, FJ cruiser TRD wheels (black) with 285/75/16 Ds (white letters out, (Duh))
    It may not be obvious, but it needs to be done one at a time...take one off, install 2nd OL, reinstall, do the other side. They are heavy but very doable.

Since the shop took the 2nd OL spring out, they will have cut the centering pin off to fit in the spring perch. It will almost certainly be too short when 2nd overload is put back in...so plan on getting a pair of those as well when you get the ubolts. I HATE to get shut down on a project because I am missing a simple part like that....and be mindful of the brake lines not to overextend them..should take a couple hours. Good luck!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top