1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about installing 1/2" strut spacer to correct lean

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaGus, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    the shop said the only way that they could get the spacer on required them to have to actually cut my front left shock since the bolts were too seized up or tight? Does anyone know if there is a way around this or has this happened to anyone else?

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    What bolts? The top plate bolts?

3. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    dont let them cut anything, that will just cause u more headache. hit the bolts(top plate bolts) with some penetrating fluid everyday for a few days,that should make it much easier to get them off without breaking or stripping anything

4. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    i assume they meant the top plate bolts and i didn't let them do that since that would be a bigger problem, but i had my alignment scheduled for 2moro morning so i may just hold off on this till later idk when. Just wondering if anybody had this problem before

5. Aug 16, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    is there alot of rust on your truck? there didnt seem to be from what pictures ive seen. you might have to hit them with some heat but ya risk melting shit that way there. id try the penetrating fluid first.

6. Aug 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    i have a new frame now but there is a decent amount on those screws, i was getting my alignment done 2moro at Pep Boys and i will give them the situation, see what they say and can do, and if they say the same then o well

Products Discussed in

To Top