1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about my headrest dvd players

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Vandaman, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Feb 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    Vandaman

Vandaman [OP] Vandaman

Member:
    First Name:
    Van
    North carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner double cab
    Dvd players n both headrest, bbs wheels, back up camera rearview mirror combo, Ideal retractable tonneau cover and Borla cat back exhaust
    Ok so two weeks a ago i bought my first toyota. its a 2006 doublecab tacoma. im extremely inpressed with it at this point. However the person who owned it before me installed the headrest dvd players in both headrest. for whatever reason i cant get them to power on. I traced the wires up to a smal black box behind the dash, and everything appears to be hooked up. Not sure if the original head unit has to be on a certain setting to provide the units with power or not. the dvd players dont have speakers so im assuming they have to be wired into the head unit for sound. At this point im confused and dont really want to tear out the console and dash to try and figure out what could be a simple problem. oh and of course the stealership isnt helping at all.

2. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    NOCENTS

NOCENTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Arm pit of Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC needin some lovin
    loooooong list of mods coming as soon as I finish the audio/video system
    What brand model are the headrest monitors? Did you use a test light to see if there was power to them? It is possible that last owner had a different HU hooked to them, and since these are not OEM the local dealer wouldnt have a clue how to get them to work.

3. Feb 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Get a reader and see if there is power to the units. Check all fuses.
    If above doesnt work, take it to your local stereo shop and make some
    new friends.
    I hade to be creative when I was monting my player in my Taco.

4. Feb 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    When I had TV's in my head rests they were powered by their own 12v power source that I ran off the main power to the deck. Then mine had an orange wire that was used for the ACC power that would turn it on and off. I'd need to know what type of TV's you had but maybe that ACC wire is your issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top