1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about my leaf springs.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by shannon41539, May 7, 2011.

1. May 7, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    shannon41539

shannon41539 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    shannon
    kimper,ky
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab tacoma
    i put on moto metal 950 chrome wheels,afe cold air intake,flowmaster muffler with dual exhaust,JBA headers,trifold extang bed tarp,stainless steel stepside bars,3" lift in front,3" lift in the rear,chrome door handle covers,chrome grille insert cover, tinted windows with blacked out visor, and taillight covers
    does anyone know if the leaf springs off of a 1995-2004 tacoma will fit a 2008 tacoma? Mine on my 2008 model on the passenger's side broke in the middle of the spring. THe top leaf and bottom leaf both are good it was just the middle leaf that broke. It sounds to me like a factory defect. The reason I am asking this is that a new factory leaf spring is $600 and a used one is $300. I can get the middle leaf spring from a 1999 tacoma to put back in my old one for $25. Can anyone tell me if this would work? Thanks for the help.

2. May 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    They are different. I believe one of them is longer than the other. Not sure which is the longer one. Wheeler's off road could help you with that problem. They know their leaf springs.

3. May 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    However, it might work. It depends on how long the middle leaf is. Some leaf shops can replace it for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top