1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about spring TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tenacioust, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 16, 2010 at 12:01 PM
    tenacioust

tenacioust [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    bay area, ca
    Gibson Exhaust
    I have had my 2005 v6 DC for about a week. It has 70,000 miles on it and I have no idea what the factory warranty went to. I purchased a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty from the dealer when i bought it. Does anyone know if I can use my aftermarket warranty to get the rear leaf TSB done at my local dealership?

2. Jan 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Doubtful,worth a try nonetheless but you may have to go with AAL's,You could add it yourself if your good with tools.Otherwise what do you plan to do with the truck ?Might be a waste of your time if you plan on adding more height or oversized tires.

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    Not OEM.
    I have an '05 Double cab w/ 36,000 miles. After reading all the threads regarding the TSB, I went out to look at mine. Sure enough 3 leaf. I tow a 4000 lb travel trailer. It does sag a little when hitched. Should I replace them with the 4 leaf, or am I now paranoid? It looks like it previously bottomed out. Thanks. Oh, I have the blocks, but the leafs do look flat.

Lion Country Safari (59).jpg

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You can try...but I doubt you'll get it. Aftermarket AAL or complete springs is the way to go.

5. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    Not OEM.
    Thanks. I figured I'd give it a try atleast. Would you recommend getting original equipment or another quality brand of leafs?

6. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you can swing purchasing a leaf set off someone who have the 4 leaves....Go for it.
    Other wise- Talk to a local spring/suspension company or get an AAL to make up the difference. Also looking at options for lifting versus replacement at stock height.

7. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    Not OEM.
    I have the one inch blocks in the rear, but it still isn't quite level. I'll probably price new ones unless I get lucky and find someone in Florida. The shipping would kill me.

To Top