1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about Weather and Traffic

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by vontn, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Feb 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    vontn

vontn [OP] Member

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma PreRunner
    After market stereo, SCOSCHE magicmount
    Hey all, I hope someone can shed some light on something that's been bugging me. I bought my 15 Tacoma in Goldsboro NC just over 2 weeks ago and I love it. Here's what I don't understand, while in NC I was able to get the weather and traffic on my HU, but once I passed Asheville NC I can't get it now. What happened? Now it shows it's not available in Knoxville TN. Any suggestions? Also, it doesn't show any FM stations in HD. Thanks

2. Feb 7, 2015 at 7:11 PM
    vontn

vontn [OP] Member

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma PreRunner
    Sorry, I forgot to say it's non-JBL, non-Nav stereo.

3. Feb 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    I have a 2014 w/entune traffic/weather. Does the same for me bud. I believe it is just what satellite it picks up first. I stay in El Paso, TX and I will have weather from other places almost an hour from me and when I hit the settings for weather it allows you to search for a city, but will not change on the "home" screen. For the HD radio, its just your area. Has to be available in order to listen. If your area does not have it then it just wont pick them up. Have you tried selecting the "options" button while listening to radio? If you do not have HD and Regular radio selected, it will not show any HD as well. Just something to try bud. I agree, the weather things bugs me every time I drive and it doesn't say the city I am in.

4. Feb 7, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    vontn

vontn [OP] Member

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma PreRunner

Thank you AdamsTaco. The weather and traffic say not available, so I don't have the option to select a city. Which is strange since it allowed to select a city while in North Carolina. I'm sooo confused. My Rav4 had a Pioneer HU and it picked up the local HD stations. I don't know. Guess I'll stop hitting weather and traffic hoping for a different result. :)

5. Feb 7, 2015 at 8:49 PM
    AdamsTaco

AdamsTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    El Paso, TX
    Yeah, I'm not sure man. Hope you figure it out bud. It's brand new though, make the dealership do some work! Haha, take care

6. Apr 23, 2015 at 8:29 PM
    normb

normb Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    12 D/C TRD O/F
    It doesn'the use a satellite. It uses digital signals transmitted by SOME FM radio stations in metropolitan markets. Go to http://www.navteq.com/hdtraffic/ to see the supported areas.

Products Discussed in

To Top