1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about your harness

Discussion in 'Diode Dynamics' started by Absolut_Boost, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Jul 11, 2021 at 12:23 PM
    Absolut_Boost

Absolut_Boost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB Cement
    Quick question that I’m hoping you can lend a hand with. I have a CH4x4 oem style switch that I was trying to use your harness with to power my SS30 light bar. The lighting and the dimming worked perfectly on the switch but I couldn’t get the light bar itself to work at all. My understanding is that the wiring at the basic switch you include is: Black (ground for switch led) Blue (signal back to relay) and White (fused power in from relay). I verified that the basic switch would work so I knew I had the harness/fuse/relay hooked up properly. I also verified that the light bar would work with just the white and blue wires connected to the switch since I’m using the oem style switch and tapped off another switch for the switch backlighting and dimming which works as it should. Whenever I try to hook the red and green wires from the switch harness to the white and blue on the light bar harness, I can’t get the light bar to work. Red to white and green to blue lights up the top of the switch like the light bar is turned on no matter if the switch is depressed or not, and there is no output from the light bar. Red to blue and green to white gives nothing at all from the switch or light bar. At this point I think the CH4x4 switch is bad, but I wanted to run this past you to see if you had any ideas before I tried to deal with an exchange of the switch. Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 11, 2021 at 6:25 PM
    Bullnettles

Bullnettles Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCSB
    Hey man, I've got a ton on my plate for the next two days, but I've set a reminder and will get back to you on Wednesday. I don't know it buy heart and have to do a little digging to check everything. I'll talk to you then.

3. Jul 11, 2021 at 6:35 PM
    Absolut_Boost

Absolut_Boost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB Cement
    I appreciate it. I ohms checked the switch and it is for sure bad, but I would love to verify what the wiring should be to make sure I’m not doing something wrong.

4. Jul 12, 2021 at 9:00 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics Automotive Lighting Experts Vendor

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Hey there! Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at contact@diodedynamics.com, and we'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.

To Top