1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for those who have changed 6MT fluid

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PA452, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    PA452

PA452 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    I hate to even have to ask this.

I ordered some Red Line synthetic MT90 the other day to change my transmission oil. The manual calls for 1.9 quarts. I ordered 2.

Yesterday I was changing my rear diff. The manual calls for 3 quarts. I had 3 plus a 7 oz tube of additive for the LSD. My rear diff took all three quarts, plus the additive, and it still wasn't quite coming out the fill hole. Looking in with a flashlight, I could see it was just even with the fill hole though, so I was reasonably confident that I had enough in there.

But, now I'm concerned about the MT. So for those who have changed it before, did 2 quarts do the job? Or did it take more?

I also have some Red Line 75W-90NS on the way in the same shipment for the transfer case. I will have extra, I guess if it really came down to it I could add just a little bit of that to top it off? What do you guys think?

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    well the manual is probally right.as long as i can stick my finger in and get some on the tip its ok in my book.wow,that sounded wrong.

To Top