1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for you gun buffs - 350 Rem Mag

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Cerviperus, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Cerviperus

Cerviperus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 TRD Off Road
    Grille4You 3" Stainless Nerf Bars, EGR In-Channel Window Deflectors, BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover, Oznium 5" Blue LED Dome Light, WeatherTech Floor Liners, EGR Bug Shield
    My grandfather gave me a Remington model 660 rifle that shoots 350 Remington Magnum. I have two boxes of empties (in the hopes I can find someone locally to reload them for me), and two full boxes. I bet they are about as old as the gun (mid-60's). I've looked around online, and when I can actually find some place that lists it for sale, they're out of stock. I recently found 3 boxes at a Cabela's, which also looked like they dated from the 60's, for $47.99 per 20 rounds.

Does anyone know if the rifle will chamber any other size ammunition? Just as a .357 Magnum will chamber a .38 Special...

Granted this won't be my next "plinking" gun, but it'd be nice to know I can get ammo for it if wanted down the road.

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    KBToyota

KBToyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Spotsy, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma V6 4X4
    OME 883, 5100 all around, Wheelers 3 leaf progressive aal
    Only shoot 350 rem mag ammo. 47 bucks aint bad for a rare cartridge, Remington stopped making ammo for it for a while... When they do make amoo its probably seasonly and in short runs. When you find a good deal buy a couple boxes and stock up.

To Top