1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question: Going to order my new Tacoma, but dealer wants me to pick options, like SC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wizzard005, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Aug 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM
    Wizzard005

Wizzard005 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Kauai - Hawaii
    Fabtech 6"
    Aloha all,

Right now I am a nissan owner, however just today by truck caught on fire, so i am having it fixed and then i am going to trade it in (not much damage) CAP in for my car stereo blew up and bunt most of the inside of the truck, but left about 50% so insurance wants to fix it... Anyways, I am sure the smell prob wont go away, so i decided, get it fixed and then have it really cleaned (detailed really good) and then trade it in :)

Sad part is , its a lifted 2009 Nissan pathfinder, 7" 35's etc... I did put alot of money in it, but oh well. i dont want to deal with it anymore as i can stand the smell of smoke..

So that being said....

I want to buy a Tacoma! I know what i want in trim, but I dont know if things like see below are worth it, to work it into the finance (i can get a really good interested rate so its not like it will cost much more)

1. TRD Air box (I know I want a intake)
    2. SuperCharger (I do want the truck to be fast, but not sure if the TRD SC is worth 4k)
    3. Roof rack - anyone have pro's and cons?
    5. CAT Back exaust - Humm.... this vs intake i think?

Other then that , I am going to order it fully loaded with all of the options just not sure about the ones above....

I will be putting a stereo in it ASAP, but i want to do the JL Clean sweep so i can keep the factory BT controls and etc.....

2. Aug 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    are you on the Big island? (Out of curiosity)

I'd get the SC and exhaust- then get a drop in for the intake. No experience with the roof racks though.
    Pics of the nissan?? :D

3. Aug 27, 2011 at 1:51 AM
    Wizzard005

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Kauai - Hawaii
    Fabtech 6"
    I am on kauai...

Yes here are some pictures of my current truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of my last toyota:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Aug 27, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    Wizzard005

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Kauai - Hawaii
    Fabtech 6"
    I am guessing if i get the factory SC, then it will be covered under the factory warranty.. i guess at least that's a good thing.

5. Aug 27, 2011 at 1:55 AM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    True. Actually the only reason I'd go for it myself.

That SAS'd runner is SA-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. (and the Nissan too)

6. Aug 27, 2011 at 2:44 AM
    Wizzard005

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Kauai - Hawaii
    Fabtech 6"
    ya whats sad, when i moved to Hawaii, I sold it..

I though to myself, why would i want a lifted truck there LOL....

Damn it lol... I did all of the work myself on that one, I miss it, however its older now, so ah well......

IFS is good for the beaches over here, I will prob end up doing a 3" lift or something, maybe a fab-tech, but who knows...

7. Aug 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    vprgts

vprgts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport TRD 4x4 DC LB
    Volant cold air intake, Sirius satellite radio, Viper auto start/alarm, Husky floor liner, AVS window sills, Smitty Black N-fab bars, Fabtech 6" Basic lift with performance shocks, Nitto Terra Grapplers 325/65/18, XD Black Revolver 18x9, window tint, de-badged.
    Supercharger and exhaust all the way! I'd rather drag my crap vs. sticking a ugly roof rack on my ride. Personal opinion. Not sure about the 3" fabtech setup but I just had the 6" installed and I absolutely love it. Post pic's when you can!

8. Aug 27, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    SAS work on your own? :bowdown:

Kauai has a lot of red dirt/mudding trails, as well as good beaches. When you start modding that taco, youre gonna have fuuuunnnnn :D

To Top