1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on lift springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by krisjw101, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Mar 18, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    krisjw101

krisjw101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Autobot in my rear window
    Hey guys I was just looking at lifts and wishing I had the money to buy one and put it on my truck and was wondering what the advantage of doing lift springs with a lower shock height would be, or is it better to set the shock setting up higher and use just a standard height or stock spring....and the third option is I am making something out of nothing, which is very plausible. (pretty sure the previous is a run on sentence)

2. Mar 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    lift springs with more aggressively valved shocks. OME springs with OME shocks, or just about any other springs with 5100's.

3. Mar 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    I was running 5100s with stock TRD sport coils set @ 1.75" its a little too stiff for my liking. I've upgraded to Eibach silver 620lbs springs and will set them to .85 which is 2nd setting. I'll let you know how they ride within a few days!

:)
    Rich

Products Discussed in

To Top