1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on mounting toolbox/headache rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blindjuju, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Blindjuju

Blindjuju [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Flint
    Rockport, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB 4x4
    N/A
    Hey everyone.

I've enjoyed looking through the site - a lot of great info. Here's my new truck:

[​IMG]

Plan on leveling her out and putting some 265/75s on her. My main question is: has anyone mounted a headache rack with a toolbox on top, and how did you mount the headache rack specifically? I'm planning on welding the headache rack with some tabs that come down from the base and tie-into the rail system rather than drilling through the cap. I'll mainly be using this for ladder and kayak transport (not heavy pipes or lumber) so I think the rail system should be strong enough. Any insight and close up photos would be much appreciated.

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Blindjuju

Blindjuju [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Flint
    Rockport, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB 4x4
    N/A
    I'll probably use expanded metal like on my old truck:

[​IMG]

I mounted that one directly to the bed rail by drilling through it but would rather use the rail system. Just wondering if anyone has experience or suggestions on the best way to mount headache racks and ladder racks to to top of their bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top