1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question on tpms sensors

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by hookedontronics, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jul 7, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Will tpms sensors from any taco work with my 2010? I'm getting new tires and rims and want to just put sensors in the new setup and run them without swapping them.

I found a set off an 06 for sale at a good price, the tire/rim dealers says all you need to do it hit the button under the steering wheel and it resets and recognizes the sensors. Does this sound about right?

Please chime in

2. Jul 7, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    they have to be programmed by the dealer to work as far as i understand
    but yes it can be done

3. Jul 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    There are two different types of sensors in the Taco. The alloys and steel sensors are not the same degrees. The angle the sensor sits on the inner rim. 20 vs 40 degree. The codes on the sensors need to get programmed into the tpms ecu. Then yes it is just reset and go. They do sell strapping kit that allow using the different degree sensors interchangeably.

Products Discussed in

To Top