1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question-Power in Switch side of unused relay location.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by caribe makaira, Nov 17, 2011.

1. caribe makaira

caribe makaira [OP] Lurker No More

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
    This is for the fellas with a 2012-

Would yous verify if there's juice in the unused relay location. Slot 1. If in your vehicle these are filled it would be nice to know if its always ON or after ACC or ON is selected.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

It would replace what you currently see in this here rush/temp "fix"...Just messing with ya Monkeeboi...

2. munkeeboi

munkeeboi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Burbank
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport Stormtrooper
    N-Fab step rails, Morimoto D2S mini retrofit, 5000k HID and 3000k HID fogs, BHLM, Blacked out emblems, 5100's all around, Eibach coils (set at .85 for 2.5" lift), 1/4" space on driver side, 1.5" Wheeler AAL w/ TSB, Konig Countersteer X 17x8, General Grabber AT2 265/70/17, Roof Rack, EGR in channel rain guards, Bakflip G2, Grillcraft Mesh Grill
    Just tried it...no luck on the #1 pin that you are pointing to...but it works perfectly on either slot to the right of your arrows. Turns off with the ignition to since it is the relay slot for the seat heater and air pump heater

Now everything can be put in one box!

Does the line need an inline fuse or is it protected elsewhere in the fuse box?

3. caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    there should be a fuse "upstream" but you may add a 1amp one just to keep it properly safe n fused.:rolleyes:

4. caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    For those looking at this, it is meant for the fog lights ON with little wire, fuse if you like. No need for parking lamps on, stays on with high beam too. If you have the heated seats just get a fuse tap like the pic
    [​IMG]
    Flaten the top first them bend to fit and place it at slot 2 and add wire with connector, bend the fog relay tap up and your good to go. It's OFF when keys is off, so no draining the battery.
    Enjoy.

5. munkeeboi

Member:
    Burbank
    Vehicle:
    N-Fab step rails, Morimoto D2S mini retrofit, 5000k HID and 3000k HID fogs, BHLM, Blacked out emblems, 5100's all around, Eibach coils (set at .85 for 2.5" lift), 1/4" space on driver side, 1.5" Wheeler AAL w/ TSB, Konig Countersteer X 17x8, General Grabber AT2 265/70/17, Roof Rack, EGR in channel rain guards, Bakflip G2, Grillcraft Mesh Grill
    Yes, this is much better than the rush/temp fix

I circled the 2 - #2 slots that work in green

[​IMG]

6. caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    If the above is true then maybe, just maybe, the bent tab on your fog relay is the wrong side. Only way to know for sure is to remove the relay and test the slots. The power side of the vertical slots "should" be the same on all the relay locations there. Unless that relay slot is completly different than the ones next to it....

7. munkeeboi

Member:
    Burbank
    Vehicle:
    I have no idea...but it works perfectly as I described to you. All the 3 relay ports are oriented the same way, where #1 is in the lower left.

Bent #1 tab of fog relay, redirected to slot #2 of seat heater relay connection.

8. caribe makaira

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    Quick test...remove the fuse for the low beam of the righthand side, and see if you get fog lit...it's the bottom one (10a/red) where all the headlight fuses are. counting from engine to fender. Placing the wire in the power side of the seat heater.

To Top