1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question Regarding High Angle CV Boots

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tacomadude89, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Apr 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    186000mps

186000mps ..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Bilstein 5100's, Toytec front adjustable coilover kit, Exporear leafs, Fox resi rears, Slotted & Drilled front rotors, 33x12.50 BFG ATs on Outlaw II 15 x 10s, Bushwacker cutout flares, K&N cold air intake with aluminum sheathing water baffles, ARB bumper with XD9000 winch with wireless remote, IPF 900XS lights, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Rhino bed liner, UWS gullwing toolbox with tools and recovery gear. 48" Hi-Lift Jack secured under toolbox.
    ^ Thats what I ended up doing...didn't see any reference to that at the time...it wa5 the only thing I could do to get back rolling again...still have the other side when the need arises.

2. Apr 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    DIRT YOTA

DIRT YOTA Aka EL ROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Camarillo, CA
    Vehicle:
    03' dbl cab with some stuff
    If u have a torn boot just pull whole half shaft go to auto zone and use the old one for core charge, and get a new replacement. Lifetime warranty! Even if a boot tears the replace it! As long as u keep the box lol.

3. May 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    I thought of that, but I think I'd like a tougher made boot on there so it doesn't it happen as often. Even if they get replaced for free, there's still there hassel of removal and reassembly each time and to me, it's worth it to do it less often just for that reason even if it's a little more money out of my pocket.

Anyway, regarding the boots from NW Offroad, they are $17.95 each. I asked a bit about them and they said they are an OEM fit, the material is much stronger than stock and that they've sold hundreds of them with no negative feedback.

The past couple of days I did come across another set that are high angle from Offroad Solutions, see here: http://www.offroadsolutions.com/old/manual_hub_conversion.html

Their site is currently INOP, but I did recieve a response back from a rep who told me that I could PayPal them if I wanted to purchase a set. I think for now I'm going to go with the NW boots, do the boot slide mod to them and see how they hold up. I like the idea of these high angle boots sold by Offroad Solutions, but for over $100 including shipping, I'm not sure if they are really going to be that much better than the NW boots especially after doiong the boot slide mod to them which I would do to the ORS boots anyway. We'll see. If these NW boots don't hold up for long, than I'll give the Offroad Solutions boots a shot.

4. May 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I'm curious as to how you put the new boots on. I haven't taken my axles out..

5. May 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    DIRT YOTA

DIRT YOTA Aka EL ROJO

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Camarillo, CA
    Vehicle:
    03' dbl cab with some stuff
    The auto zone ones if u tear a boot u get a whole new axle shaft assembly....FYI.

Pretty easy to take apart if u r just replacing the upper boot. I'm sure there is a write up here somewhere....

6. Nov 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    taco52

taco52 01 5 speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Bailey, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 v6 5speed 4x4
    Grey wire mod, De flapped,
    Tacoma dude. I know its been awhile since the last post. But im curious as to what you did about your boots. Did you replace both boots per axle and with what brand of boot?

7. Nov 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    DD03SR5

DD03SR5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Ontario,Canada
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 4X4
    Deckplate,5100's,eibach's,Wheelers AAL,
    Sub'd I need some new inner boots never really noticed but my passenger side inner boot has a zip tie on the large part of the boot

8. Sep 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    TallTacoma

TallTacoma Bear fvcker!

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    The Silver State
    Vehicle:
    Come and take it from my cold, dead hands.
    3" suspension lift (ToyTec coilovers and wheeler leafs), Yakima roof rack, ARE tonneau, K&N FIPK.
    Updates on the NW Offroad boot?

Products Discussed in

To Top