1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question regarding Rock River National Match

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 10PreRunner, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    10PreRunner

10PreRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    I have a Rock River National Match A2 that I am wanting to sell. It has less than 500 rounds through it and is in great condition. There are no scratches anywhere on this rifle. I have used a brass deflector since day one. My question is how much is this rifle worth? They list for $1345.00 new. Thanks for the input.

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    I would say you could get $1000 out of it. Rock River is very backed up right now and their rifles are top of the line. I shoot one for competition. Find someone that is knowledgeable and wants to buy one and if it is in as good condition as you say then there shouldnt be any problems

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    10PreRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. I was probably gonna ask 1200 for it so I have some negotiating room. Its hard to find someone that actually knows what the rifle is and is capable of. Your the first person that I have heard of that actually likes rock river, most people say there stuff is crap.

4. Apr 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Those people are poor misguided souls. I have cleaned many 200 and 300 yard strings with mine and shot in the upper 180's at 600. Never had a jam. Although I dont know how well it would work if it gets all gummed up inside. But runnin clean it is a beast. Granted the barrel is no Kreuger custom but its about the best stock barrel you can get, atleast IMO. And those barrels will run you $1000 per

Quick question. Do you run your rifle dry or wet? I usually run it soaking wet but some people swear by running it dry

5. Apr 1, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    10PreRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    I've never shot mine out to 600 yards, but I can wear out an 8 in target at 300 yards
    using iron sights. The only oil I use is what's left over after I use my Otis kit and I oil the bolt up and I use gunslick on the firing pin. Its not very wet at all and I've never had a jam.

6. Apr 1, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    I only shoot iron sights also. What I do is clean it after shooting then put just a little CLP on the springs and firing mechanism to store it. Before shooting it though i put a ton of Hoppes gun oil in the bolt and firing mechanism. You just need to be sure and clean it really well after shooting because the powder will get caught in the oil and turn into a mud like substance.

7. Apr 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    10PreRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    Yeah I try to clean it as soon as I get home from shooting, if not the day after. I don't shoot in competitions anymore and I'm wanting something a little smaller, like a mid length 16in barrel.

8. Apr 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    just take a hacksaw to the barrel ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top