1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question to all LEO's

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by Tiedie, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    Tiedie

Tiedie [OP] TieDie

Member:
    Canto,NC
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 V6
    Debaged, extra D-rings,Cal-Trend seat covers, Huskey liners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Redlinegoods console cover,aftermarket outside thermometer.off road rear bumper,foglight on anytime mod.
    Why is it that there are so many vehicles on the road that are aloud to run with faulty saftey equipment without getting checked out? Let me futher explain (one head light or one high beam one low beam,one taillight,driving with fog lights on all the time,headlights that are illeagle that are not factory equipment,and my favorite NO LIGHTS ON WHEN USING WIPERS.)Cutting short when changing lanes .I could go on but just wondering why we are not checking these 4wheelers out .There are those tickets that can't be fixed you all know what I'm talking about.

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    You referenced them as 4 wheelers, You drive?

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    bhh2000

bhh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    96 3.4 maroon ext cab. 4X4
    yeah, I often wonder why you LEO dont crack down on the A holes all over the road, I know you try but it seems like theres a lot of people that need a good slap on the wrist, for being A holes in town. I personal think their should be more enforcement in town and less on people going 5-15 over WAY out of town, to me they aren't hurting anyone but people are in town being a holes all over the place with no punishment are.

around here 90 percent of the people like this with lights out and driving like A holes are either in old single cab chevys or old hondas

4. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    My projector retrofit isn't factory oem and I have my fogs modded for anytime use....does that bother you?? If so I don't see why it does. I understand about the high beams and burnt out lights but I don't get why you worry about the above mentioned mods.

5. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    Maverick904

Maverick904 Resident Fishing Expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kameron
    Northeast Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail 4x4
    3" Procomp Lift, BDF Light Bar, Borla Stainless Cat-Back System, 2 10" Polk MM Subs, LED Interior Lighting, Pioneer Touch Screen, Kicker Speakers up front, Sonys in the back, Grillcraft grill, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Projector Retrofit Headlights. BHLM
    the officer to person ratio.

/thread

6. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    Tiedie

Tiedie [OP] TieDie

Member:
    Canto,NC
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 V6
    Debaged, extra D-rings,Cal-Trend seat covers, Huskey liners, 4x4 illuminated switch, Redlinegoods console cover,aftermarket outside thermometer.off road rear bumper,foglight on anytime mod.
    Yes all day 18 wheels:cool:

7. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    Tiedie

Tiedie [OP] TieDie

Member:
    Canto,NC
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 V6
    Babyboi,
    If we all check out our state laws you are to run fog lights only in inclement weather,at night withfog lights on and not dimming them you are blinding other drivers in a sense.As in the fact that you are not to flash your high beams to notify other drivers that they have their highs on,if we all read our drivers hand books we would learn something every time we read them.My questions are to maybe get the LEO's thinking on how these thing affect other drivers .Just as stated above I do drive for a living and you would be amazed at the things I see every day and night that people do .

8. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    sean266

sean266 Moderator Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Denver area
    Vehicle:
    14' Tundra TRD Crewmax
    Toytec BOSS Tundra Kit Black Tundra badges Window tint Stubby antenna Interior LED's Reverse LED's Center console mag light mod Center console gun holster mod LP leds Switched out chrome mirror caps/exterior door handles to black OEM. Nitto Terra Grappler G2's MotoMetal 971 18x9 wheels
  9. Nov 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    '07 FJ
    No definition in Washington state RCWs that limit the use of fog lights.

Man, if this was a real law myself as well as a few other 100,000 people would be constantly breaking the law since it rains a fair amount in the PNW.

I feel your pain on this one as I used to haul an asphalt grinder on a triple axle lowboy. Anytime I was around the Seattle city limits I had to be very aware of the traffic around me. Contrary to popular belief 125,000 pounds does not stop as quick as 5,000 pounds. Washington state has put up signs along the I-5 corridor warning against cutting in front of tractor trailers.

10. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    As a former military police officer and currently in training for civilian police work, I'll try to shed a little light on the subject.

Certain laws are made, but as was stated, the ratio of officers on the road to people driving is a huge contributor to the "lack" of enforcement. Consider 30 million people in the US and under 700,000 cops.

There are state cops and their job is enforce all the little traffic laws you mentioned, at times, they are very busy with fatal accidents, having other persons pulled over etc. An officer can have a person pulled over and get passed by at least 5 people breaking every single law you mentioned.

Some city departments have traffic units to enforce these laws as well but the same situation comes up. When the traffic unit guys are not on shift, the patrol guys enforce the traffic laws, but remember they must also respond to calls for service and other such calls in the community.

Lets face it, people drive like retards, don't pay attention to the traffic books, and just do whatever they feel like they wanna do, regardless of legality. If it looks cool, they wanna do it.

We do what we can, as best we can, but we can't get every single one.

11. Nov 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    Okay, thought you might. I'm a linehaul driver for Estes.

12. Jan 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    somerset

somerset Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD
    Vehicle infractions (mechanical) are not a high priority, depending on where you are (state/country/province), or what your department has as mandate's. Traffic section or GD general duty are the people who deal with these issue's on a day to day basis. If a speeding violation turns into a vehicle being towed for mechanical deficiencies, then all the better. Sorry, but thats the reality.

13. Jan 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i to HATE when people have, one high beam one low or HID’s in stock housing/one or no tail lights/ people don’t use lights when it is raining.(it’s a law in TN that any time you have wipers on you MUST have head lights on) people who think ohh i can see fine i don’t need to turn my lights on yet. when in reality i can’t see them.

i leave my head lights on all the time. and fogs.( have not read a law that limits the use of fogs in TN)

also, (in the states) you have state/county and city cops. my bro is a county sheriff and they do trafic stops. but they also have officers that are in what they call traffic. they just do traffic. but one think diff from county and city is county(in most cases) deal with calls like alarm/domestic/ kids riding go carts/ and anything someone will call the cops about) they don’t always have time to make traffic stops! and also(i see this on you tube allot) just because a cop dose NOT have his/her lights and sirens on DOSE NOT mean he is not going to a call!! most people think that they have to run code 3 all the way to wear they are going. that is NOT true they have calls wear THEY CAN’T run code. 3.

14. Jan 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    Longbow3

Longbow3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    North Central, TX
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red Limited 4x4
    Tri fold soft bedcover
    How about citing those that leave road gators all over the interstate? As a biker these are very dangerous and scary at night. I agree, those with non standard lighting especially those lit up like Christmas trees. How about the overweight ones that destroy the highways. We can pick our peeves.

15. Jan 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Several complaints mentioned are not necessarily violations. For examples, many states only specify headlights over specific headlights, only a few states limit the use of foglights, and very few states directly link headlights to wipers. Regardless, I usually find it far less stressful to just worry about myself (my driving, my vehicle, etc) than others.

16. Jan 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Who cares

17. Jan 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Tacoma DCSB
    None, yet
    1. The road gators can be called into DPS. They dont have road gator trackers that tell them when there is one on the road.
    2. The overweight trucks that you think are overweight are probably not overweight. Massive fines carry with overweight trucks and drivers are accountable for all fines. Weigh stations are used, but rarely get people for overweight. It's usually fines for lack of paperwork or truck infractions.
    3. Highways are destroyed by the shady paving contractors that cut corners while paving. Highways have over 8 inches of asphalt beneath them. It's not the trucks ruining them.

18. Jan 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Longbow3

Longbow3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    North Central, TX
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red Limited 4x4
    Tri fold soft bedcover

Uh....Ok!

19. Feb 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Because we have better things to do with our day. I give warnings for those sorts of silly/petty things. We do traffic enforcement for overtime... thats when I will write tickets for that stuff... then they just get the ticket dismissed once it is fixed anyway. If they can't fix it because they are really poor you just made them pay a ticket instead of spending the money on vehicle repairs which delays the fixing of their vehicle by weeks.

20. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:14 AM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Enough modifications to piss the wife off!!
    Nope I never flash my high beams.....but I will light them up with 520wts of Off Road lights. ;)

To Top