1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question to Taco owners who have had frame replacement

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by gj ga us, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    gj ga us

gj ga us [OP] New Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5 4wd
    None
    I'm trying to pick a dealer in the Atlanta Area to have the inspection and possible repair/replacement to the frame. I'm thinking that dealers in this area are not going to be too familiar with this problem or have any exposure at all. So in trying to pick a dealer for this service I wonder if it would be better to find one with an in-house collision center. My hope is that a collision center would be more familiar with body and chassis repair.

When those of you that had the frame replacement done did you take this into consideration? Did your your dealer have/not-have a collision center and it didn't really matter?

Thank for your input.

GDJ

2. Jul 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM
    spidy3

spidy3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off Road
    a collision center or body shop doesnt have anything to do with frame replacement. Its the techs job on everything.

Just ask questions like, how long it usually takes the techs to get it done and how many they have done. We have 2 guys replace them and it takes them about 12hrs straight to do everything but they do it right and have been toyota techs for a long time.

Products Discussed in

To Top