1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions about 1" block with 1.5 AAL

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LouTaco, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    LouTaco

LouTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4R SR5 Premium
    My tsb spring pack has settled a bit. I dont like ass sag look was wondering can i throw a 1" block in with my tsb pack w/ 1.5" AAL? Also i have 5100 rears do i need to upgrade shocks if i put the block in? Thanx

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    TheHansen

TheHansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    i have non tsb real leaf pack with 1.5" aal and 1"block with 5100's

some down travel was lost but i stacked as many washers on the shock as i could to move it down a little bit, and i gained ~1/2" of the travel back that was lost when i added the block.

I can get you a picture of where i put the washers later tonight if you'd like.

p.s. The washer idea is a pretty sletchy fix if you ask me but it works fine.

3. Jun 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    TheHansen

TheHansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport
    dtrl mod Fog light mod Bed lights Under hood lights Rear window decals tint matched front windows Rear dif breather mod weathertech floor mats Bed mat Scan gauge 5100's and 885's lean spacer 1.5 in aal, 1" block and OME rear shocks Dynomax muffler (weld in) Truxedo lo pro qt bed cover Devil horn Emblem Plasti dip badges plasti dip radio plasti dip ac control all pro rear bumper with side pieces All pro front bumper All pro bolt on sliders illuminated 4x4 switch JBA long tube headers URD o2 Sim
    well aware of this, but they extend the shock 3 inches (according to toytec's site). If i had extenders on the shocks would bottom out about before i hit the bumps.

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    LouTaco

LouTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4R SR5 Premium

Products Discussed in

To Top