1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions to ask when buying a 4runner with another motor being put in it

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by RhianBlack11, Feb 24, 2011.

1. RhianBlack11

RhianBlack11 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canada
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    v6 toyota 4runner
    Im inquiring about getting a 4runner and the guy is currently having another motor put in it. What are some questions I should ask to ensure Im not being ripped off. Please and thanks!:eek:

2. beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    is it a completely rebuilt motor? or just a top end resulting from a blown head gasket or cracked head? what motor is it? details about the motor size and year of 4Runner would really help anyone giving advice to you

3. RhianBlack11

RhianBlack11 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canada
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    v6 toyota 4runner
    As far as I know theyre replacing the motor with another 1995/'96 3.4 ltr 6 cyl motor out of a 4runner that was in an accident but was very salvagable only 90k miles on it. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Any questions I should inquire about this motor theyre replacing it with? Please and thanks:)

4. beefcake

beefcake J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    well are the rebuilding the whole thing or just the things that werent salvageable? theres alot of things that can happen to a motor internally depending on how hard of a wreck its been in

To Top