1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by El Cid, May 2, 2011.

1. El Cid

El Cid [OP] Active Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    11 Access Cab, 4 cyl, man., SR5
    2011 Access Cab Roof speakers. Are these visible? I can feel the vibrations coming from them through the headliner, but seems to me there is no "speaker cover" per se. Should there be or is it normal to play through the headliner?
    Thanks.

2. jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 LUXURY YEAR
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Not familiar with any speakers in the roof, but I don't have an 11. Are you sure it is just not the vibration rattling from the speakers down below. Taco's do have thin rooves with no sound dampeners.

3. crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    pics?

4. El Cid

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    but Toyota Owners website responded that the speakers are covered by the headliner. The headliner is a solid piece, e.g. no holes for speakers, etc. Sounds weird to me. Guess they figured the sound would get through the headliner material.

5. B R

B R Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 AC 4 Banger Auto
    I'm not sure what the question or problem is. If you want to hear the pathetic roof speakers, just turn the fader on the radio more to the rear, or if you want the best sound possible, fade to only front speakers.

6. Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    there are two small speakers (2.5") mounted on top of the headliner. I removed the headliner and disconnected both of them this way you can still push sound to your subwoofer. (If you use the fade control to go to the front only the subwoofer will not work) I dont know why on earth toyota put the speakers here and not on the rear doors. This is the worst setup.

7. El Cid

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for input. Don't have a subwoofer so that is not an issue. Still experimenting to get best possible sound.
    It is a dumb design though. Who ever heard of covering speakers with a piece of "cardboard?" Why not design the headliner with "grilles" where speakers are located? Hopefully this will be the only issue with the vehicle.

8. StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Yea... it is a pretty dumb setup, it would have been better if they didn't even bother with those headliner speakers. But I really wish they had put them in the rear doors like the older models.

To Top