1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick AAL question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by blake1012, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mar 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    blake1012

blake1012 [OP] Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    I have a 2003 ext. cab that i want to add a slight lift to.

I am planning on buying 5100's for all 4 corners. My truck has 112,000 miles on it. Is installing the AAL going to achieve my desired height with the old/saggy leaf springs on there, or would i be better off buying whole new leaf spring sets?

does that make any sense?

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    did my lift at 200,000 miles almost with an AALno problems at all with sag

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Yes, an AAL wil put a little life back in your springs. The AAL not only adds thickness to your leaf pack, but it is curved and stout and forces your original leafpack to arch more; that's how a single AAL can add lift of 1", 2", 3" etc because it's curve forces the other leaves to curve with it.

If you have the coin, a new leaf pack would be cool but not a necessity. Another option is to have your stock leafs re-curved at a shop but I doubt your springs are that worn out yet; usually you'll wait until your springs are flat for that service.

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...A new leaf pack is the best choice- cause who doesn't love new parts?? But an AAL will do a fine job getting you the height you want.

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    blake1012

blake1012 [OP] Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    Wish i could afford new leaf packs, but it'll just have to be an AAL for now.

Thanks for the info guys.

To Top