1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick ? about TRD offroad and skid plate...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SubZombie, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Aug 6, 2009 at 2:06 AM
    slick_711

slick_711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Off Road
    Avid light bar w/2x Hella 4000C, Bilstein 5100s, Demello sliders
    Good to know! I saw in your Truck's description on the left that you have the Downey plate and I made a note to look into that one as well. Thanks for saving me the time. :)

2. Aug 6, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    Mandy3206

Mandy3206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Juan PR
    Vehicle:
    Sand Pearl Black 06 6spd DC SB TRD OR Moded
    The stock skid is the black one and is thin, if you take it to the rocks, it will not survive, for mud and dragging through dirt it's ok.

The silver one is more of a bling accessory, if you wheel it, it will deform for sure, then you can bang it back into shape, it's very soft and if you drag through anything including sand or mud, it will deform.

I got one silver and never abuse my truck but wheel it in mild trails and mine is all smashed up, the black one seems to hold well on soft terrain, but on the rocks I doubt it.

I use them both since I got them, but ASAP I'll upgrade via a custom garage made one or if funds are ok at the moment an Allpro seems like a good option.

Products Discussed in

To Top