1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick engine detail

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Gen2 Man, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Nov 2, 2022 at 2:41 PM
    Gen2 Man

Gen2 Man [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DCLB
    3rd Gen Sport wheels
    This has got to be the cheapest and easiest way to clean engine bay. I buy my chemicals from the supplier eliminates two levels of markups in prices plus any problems I can talk directly to the man.

So it begins by using a cheap pump up sprayer and a degreaser mixed as you wish.
    Label says 10 to 1 but for heavier jobs you can go hotter. The finishing chemical after a rinse is simply a vinyl and rubber dressing which will last for several months normal driving. You can also dial in the shine depends on how you mix, know your chemicals. That’s it degreaser, dwell time about 3-5 minutes on warm not hot engine followed by a clear rinse. While engine is still wet Follow this with the Blue Sapphire just a light spray and close the hood. That’s it you don’t touch or wipe anything. Pics are good but it really looks good in person. This was taught to me by an old detail man

18B2FDB0-4EAF-43D8-BB3F-7A15ADB51CCD.jpg
    F0564013-AE9A-42AF-9B1D-45386DB7DB9A.jpg

total time less than five minutes, wows the people that ain’t hip to detailing tricks.

6576EAC1-2A0C-4FD3-BFDE-9EFF949DA1BE.jpg

DBDEE414-F537-4F5E-A728-D7BB24D13AA5.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top