1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick make a decision!

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Reptarthe2016taco, Feb 9, 2018.

?

HiLift OR Maxtrax

1. HiLift

29.4%
  2. Maxtrax

70.6%
  1. Feb 9, 2018 at 5:15 PM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    I've been to BBNP 2 times and never needed either. BBNP is pretty tame and river road is easy. If I had to recommend either I would say High lift if you have steel bumpers in case you blow a tire on the trails or maxtrax just because you want them. Be sure to watch tire placement as some of the rocky areas can tear through a sidewall leaving you with a flat(I havent had any issues but I know of others that have).

OnHartung'sRoad likes this.
  2. Feb 9, 2018 at 5:47 PM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    I find HiLifts on CL, the regional for sale forum on TW, selling on FB used cheap.

3. Feb 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    apreston1

apreston1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    Great choice for route. River road is sandy, not technical unless there is rain then it can be slick as snot. If yOu decide to run Black Gap you may run into a few more challenging spots. Take time to park your vehicle in the Chisos Basin and hike some trails. Window trail to the Oak Spring overlook, South Rim via Laguna Meadows..so many great hikes.

To Top