1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

quick tire question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jason.cartright, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    jason.cartright

jason.cartright [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab
    first off i would like to say hello and all you guys... i have been reading these forums for a while now but never needed to post anything till now...

well now onto the question i have at hand im in the process of saveing cash for a 3 inch lift via coilovers and a new rear leaf pack but not sure about tires... i was going to use my stock rims the 16" ones and run a 265/75/R16 mud train on it this is in part due to my OEM tires no getting into the bald stage of there life... will these tires look bad with a 3 inch lift? just i need the tires now and dont want to spend 900+ dollars on them to turn arround and buy new tires like 6 months later.

i guess im looking for some advice on whether i should just try for some used but still have some life tires and wait for the cash for the lift or get the new mud tires and then do the lift.

2. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Do the lift first- Cause if you do the new tires first they will just sit in your garage or whatever until you have the lift anyways.

I would do the lift and see what you think...If it's really that bad- You can grin and bear it for a few months and get the new tires you want.

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    jason.cartright

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab
    thank you for the responce but at the moment im running 245/75/R16 dunlop AT20's and was told i could run 265/75/R16 mud tires on the stock suspension so thay wouldnt be sitting in the garage unless i have been miss informed about this as i dont have the TRD offroad suspension... that package was a bit to expensive for me at the time so i went with the bottem end 4x4.

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Nope...You will most likely be able to run those on the stock. What kind/how much lift are you looking at doing??

5. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    jason.cartright

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab
    3" toctec coilovers and new 2" new leaf pack's for the rear... so without the TRD offroad package i wont beable to run the 265/75/R16 tires because that is still an OEM size for the 08?

6. Oct 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SD, CA Now in Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco 4x4 TRD OffRoad Rugged Trail
    SAW 2.0s, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, On Board Air, 255/85/16 Cooper Discover S/T, CBI Sliders, Built right UCAs, 6" Harbor Freight Lights (converted to HIDs), KC Slim Lights.
    I'm sure you can run the 2565/75/16 with out a lift on your truck. My truck came with 265/70/16 stock.

7. Oct 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    You can run those or even a little bit bigger with that lift. I would still wait and make sure your lift looks good and make sure that you get a tire that will fill that space up.

To Top