1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

R.I.P. Galena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MoonCrawler, May 6, 2016.

1. May 6, 2016 at 9:30 PM
    MoonCrawler

MoonCrawler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma V6 4x4 TRD
    Galena was only able to run with our tribe for a little over a year. She was a good pony and faithfully served us on many a voyage into the mountains. On March 9, she suffered a tragic accident and on March 16th we officially bid her goodbye.

A sleek silver 2003 V6 TRD Auto Trans Access Cab Tacoma with Power Everything, she boasted a Tow Package, Sound System, Hi-Rise Camper Shell, 139K (bought with 100K), Custom Seats, Camping Platform, Bunch of Mods, California Truck, Zero Rust, Etc., but unfortunately met her end in a gruesome encounter with a suicidal deer.

That maniacal deer 'came right for us' while we were doing 70 mph on a 2 lane highway in the High Rockies at night, a truck full of musical and camping equipment. She was wearing no armor and was not able to ride beyond that accident.

Though I knew her well, I feel we had only just begun what would have been a long and loving relationship. I had searched for 6 months and driven across California to acquire her. I had gone over everything on her, reconditioned and maintained everything, she ran like a strong pony should. I was about to lift her and begin building her, but even with the stock suspension and Michelin highway tires, we had traveled down many a backcountry trail, up and down mountains, across the desert (to places she should never have gone with those tires and suspension) but alas, it was not meant to be.

The complications involved with having an accident like this out of my home state, dealing with insurance, finding a reliable shop to do the major work that she needed, and the pressures of other demands in my life forced me to take a settlement from insurance and begin looking for a replacement (which I've found) as opposed to trying to revive her and either run her some more or sell.

I hope insurance opted to fix here and resell as a salvage. I wish I could have done the same. It would be a shame to know she had been parted out by a yard, though she was about the best donor truck anyone could imagine, so if that is the case, at least people got some good parts.

Finding a replacement has been beyond ridiculous. I finally found one that comes close, but needs some upgrades and reconditioning before even having a chance. The struggle has been real. I had to go to Washington state and drive this new pony down to California.

Though we move on, Galena, you will be missed.

And f*$ck Deer. Period.

accident right.jpg Trailer.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Mattynokes likes this.
  2. May 6, 2016 at 9:32 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Damn man, tough. Got to watch out for those ISIS deer.

3. May 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM
    LocoLocal

LocoLocal Aspiring Polymath

Member:
    39.081221472127545, -77.45538862919935
    Vehicle:
    Large American
  4. May 6, 2016 at 9:34 PM
    JKU3000

JKU3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    $$$
  5. May 6, 2016 at 9:43 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
  6. May 6, 2016 at 9:45 PM
    Hurley_man

Hurley_man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSB OR 4x4
    Traded my 2012 sport for the 16
    Man, that was deep. sorry for your lose brother. RIP and god bless you, Galena. :oldglory:

7. May 8, 2016 at 12:14 AM
    natas1321

natas1321 mischief monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    natas
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    1990 Honda NC30 stock for now
    sorry to hear about the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top