1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Raceline Raptor 16x8

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by drupp, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    drupp

drupp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    I'm looking at a couple wheels, one of which is the 16x8 Raceline Raptor. My truck is a TRD, and I thought I read somewhere that the TRD calipers are larger and some 16 inch wheels may not clear them. Has anyone had any issues clearing their calipers with these wheels?

[​IMG]

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Has nothing to do with trd or not trd, they all have the same brakes, but yes, some 16's do not clear the calipers. I would call raceline and ask, or try to find someone on here who is running them in a 16.

3. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    drupp

drupp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    Thanks KPT, that's exactly what I needed to know.

4. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    also just on a side note those bolts look plastic to me. i say this cause i was looking at the atc ledge last year and the faux bolts on the wheels where not even metal i thought that was very strange.

my current procomp wheels are drilled and tapped with 10 mm bolts all around they are even recessed i just thought it was strange and could imagine them breaking off right away. as a matter of fact after talking to some guys on tw i found out a lot of guys where getting there little bolts broken off as they are mounting tires on the wheel.

just a thought man, they look good though

To Top