1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio cover plate - Removal/New?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AbsolutPolack, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    AbsolutPolack

AbsolutPolack [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Stock DCSB 6spd
    The one main thing I hate about my Tacoma on the interior is the radio cover plate and its shinyness. I would love to spray is black, or purchase a new black one if they make it. At any rate, is there a way to remove it without damaging it? Do they make black ones or at least is there a place I can buy a new silver one to spray so if I muck it up I havent ruined the only piece I can get?

Thanks.

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 4:30 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    There is a thread out there somewhere ... did mine over a year ago ... from the cheap looking silver to black ..... if you follow the steps of removal you will do okay ... a lot of tiny screws to remove after it is out so pay close attention ... digital pictures may work .... I had some leftovers so had to take it back apart ... do a search and it'll pop up .... did shift area as well ... taken with a phone camera so a bit weak ... looks great in person if I do say so myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 4:54 AM
    AbsolutPolack

AbsolutPolack [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Stock DCSB 6spd
    Yeah it looks great! Alot better than stock in my opinion. I will search a little harder and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 5:20 AM
    Burns

Burns Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Truck is Sold
    Looks good man, nice work!

To Top