1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Radio shutting off using Bluetooth feature.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Dirtboyz, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Dec 18, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    Dirtboyz

Dirtboyz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB trd sport 4x4
    Front bilstein 5100 with OME 884 w/trim pack, 17" fuel trophy wheels wrapped with 32" toyot open country m/t, bakflip fibermax tonneau cover, Avec 30" led light bar behind lower grille, marathon seat covers in max 5 camo pattern, trimmed front and rear mud flaps, more to come.
    I was using my Bluetooth audio to allow my wife to watch Netflix and the radio shut off like I had turned the truck off. Thought it was just a freak thing that happened but it did it again. Left Bluetooth on but turned FM and Sirius and everything worked as it should. When I got home I left the truck running and wiggled my battery cab,Es to see if they were lose but they were good to go. I have the etune navi with backup camera radio if that helps narrow it down but would like to know if any others have had this happen before. Have done this action before with no problems just happened today. Any info would be appreciated before I take it to the dealership and they tell me nothing is wrong or I have voided my warranty somehow. Thanks.

2. Dec 31, 2015 at 2:59 PM
    Munson01

Munson01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Tacoma 4x4
    None yet
    I had a similar problem about a year ago with my 2014. I don't have Sirus or any of that other crap, but when using Bluetooth to make a call, occasionally it would just shutoff and the entire stereo system would power down then restart. It started to get real bad and was guaranteed to happen at least once every trip I made in the truck. I took it to the dealer and mentioned it during one of the normal maintenance trips and they did something to it and I haven't had a problem in over a year. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but it fixed it

3. Jan 2, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    Dirtboyz

Member:
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB trd sport 4x4
    Front bilstein 5100 with OME 884 w/trim pack, 17" fuel trophy wheels wrapped with 32" toyot open country m/t, bakflip fibermax tonneau cover, Avec 30" led light bar behind lower grille, marathon seat covers in max 5 camo pattern, trimmed front and rear mud flaps, more to come.
    Well I haven't had anymore problems with it since that one night which is weird to me but I'm glad I'm not having problems anymore but if I do I will take it in. What exactly did you tell them was your problem and did they have a clue to fix it right away or did you have to spend half of your day at the dealership?

4. Jan 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    Munson01

Munson01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Tacoma 4x4
    None yet
    I'm stepping a bit out of my lane here saying this, but for some reason I think they re flashed the system and it went away. It didn't take any longer than just the normal oil change you get under the 20k mile warranty stuff. I just told them that when using blue tooth for phone calls, it would shut the whole system down, and then restart itself. I noticed that when it was first starting to happen, it would only be when I did the voice command ( "call mobile number for brother"). Later on it started happening even if I dialed it on the phone myself and then even when I wasn't using the phone. He seemed to know the fix as soon as I explained it to him

5. Jan 4, 2016 at 3:39 AM
    Blacktaco2042

Blacktaco2042 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    supercharger/trd cat back 3inch lift 265/75/16 duratracs bumper guard led bar
    there a radio firmware update that will fix that. i work at the dealer. i can get you the tsb number if you want

6. Mar 3, 2016 at 5:02 PM
    Mademan925

Mademan925 Senor Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OFFROAD DCSB
    enough to go over stuff
    If there is a tsb please get the #. My radio keeps shutting off while using Bluetooth.

7. Mar 3, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    Blacktaco2042

Blacktaco2042 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wisconsin
    supercharger/trd cat back 3inch lift 265/75/16 duratracs bumper guard led bar
    t-sb-0160-14 rev 2 this is for the radio update

jasonct likes this.
  8. Mar 29, 2016 at 8:42 PM
    Dirtboyz

Member:
    Spanaway, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB trd sport 4x4
    Will this solve the problem of the "i" (information) button dissapearing also? When I first got my truck in navigation mode without even having a destination plugged in I used to have the i icon in the lower right corner that would display the road and the speed limit of the road I was on. Now it is gone unless I have a destination in use. I loved this feature for the fact that if I was on a road that I didn't know the speed limit I could easily find it my going to navigation and there it would be but one day out of the blue it has dissapeared while just looking at nav mode and only appears when a destination is being used. I have never had so many problems out of a factory head unit in a brand new vehicle as I have with this one! Wish I could find a harness that would allow you to be able to retain the factory Sirius antenna, the shark fin, with an aftermarket head unit without having to run a new one because I would have bought one a long time ago with a lot more extra goodies especially a big one being able to tap in a destination while driving or at least having the passenger do it for you instead of having to stop to use the damn thing!

9. Dec 6, 2017 at 8:22 AM
    trimfandango

trimfandango Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jody
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thank you for sharing this TSB number.
    I have a 2015 Tacoma, and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.
    When I have my mobile connected over Bluetooth the stereo will sometimes reboot while I'm driving. If any of you have gone to get this repaired, I am just curious is it a software update at the dealer? or do they replace something? Thanks!

10. Sep 23, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Walkoff59

Walkoff59 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tacoma
    I've recently started having the same issue. How do you apply the T#? Or do I need to have someone do it?

Products Discussed in

To Top