1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RAFFLE: ***2008/2009 Mr Marv BBQ Raffle DYNAUDIO ESOTEC SYSTEM 342***

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mr Marv, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Oct 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv [OP] 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    RAFFLE: 2008/2009 Mr Marv BBQ Raffle DYNAUDIO ESOTEC SYSTEM 342

This is a true "reference level" set of speakers (I won a few sound quality competitions using them :D) that have a value of $1400.00! :eek: I will also be available to the winner for technical assistance in installing these to make sure you get the absolute best possible performance!

Hey Tacoma World guys and gals! I am having this raffle on a couple of other forums I frequent. Since you guys have always been so good to me I'd like to give you all an opportunity to win a GREAT set of speakers so I checked with the mods here and they gave me the go ahead (Thanks mods! :)).

As some may know I had a LOT of helpers with the BBQ (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40828) again this year and I wasn't able to pay them what I felt they deserved for the amount of time they spent. Most importantly I felt my wife (who did the majority of work and and also puts up with the amount of time I spend doing this craziness) needs to have something special done for her so I'd like to send her on a weekend outing somewhere.

After much negotiation with the great folks at Dynaudio and in recognition of having Jon Whitledges Sprinter Van (considered by many as a true "reference" system chocked full of Dynaudio goodies and an attention to detail not seen too often http://www.whitledgedesigns.com/ ) at the BBQ again this year I have secured permission to hold the FIRST EVER FULLY AUTHORIZED Dynaudio Products Raffle!!

As mentioned part of the proceeds will go towards my helpers from this year and the rest will be put towards next years event which promises to be the biggest ever! (we will be graced again with Jon's Dynaudio van as well as many other fine systems!) Along with the BBQ next year I am in negotiations with numerous sponsors to host what will hopefully be the first annual Mr Marv West Coast Car Audio Sound Off that will be open to all from beginners to professional competitors. :) On top of that I am also talking with a couple of "gurus" :D concerning having an "SQ Seminar" to coincide with these events (the BBQ will be separate from the competition). More info will follow as soon as possible and if there are any other manufacturers etc out there interested in being involved please contact me at the number in my signature below.

***PLEASE NOTE: It would be REALLY appreciated if you guys read EVERYTHING and if nothing else AT LEAST READ THE PARTS IN RED as I get TONS of email every day and it is very difficult to keep track when people just use "Raffle" or "Ticket" etc etc as the subject. If you use the subject EXACTLY as noted I can easier search my email each day to make sure I don't miss anybody! Also, for those that have entered previous raffles please note the CHANGE again in email addresses as well as shipping! Thanks!****

Here are a couple of threads from last years BBQ/Meet:
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11803&highlight=Marv
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15256&highlight=bbq
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15286&highlight=bbq

This years BBQ
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40828
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/MrMarv/2008 Mr Marv BBQ/

Here are threads from previous raffles for an Audison SRX5 5 channel amp won by Scottfx... :)
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29066
    and a set of Zapco 16.2 components won by aeon..
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831&highlight=ZAPCO+16.2
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L41 Pro won by quality_sound
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34773
    ID MAX 12 and DLS reference RW10 won by Veloze and frootloops
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31426
    Second chance Hybrid Audio Legatia won by fejh
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35066 :)
    Last Chance Hybrid Audio Legatia won by NeedSQ
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37191&highlight=chance+hat
    Hertz Mille raffle won by Genxx
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40124&highlight=raffle

THE RULES
    • First and foremost-sh!t sometimes happens and things don't go as planned. I reserve the right to cancel any raffle at any time for any reason. Nobody and I mean NOBODY (including the owners/moderators of this site) will be held responsible if things don't go as planned. The only and I mean ONLY recourse you will have if the item is not given away for ANY reason will be a full refund of your ticket price!!
    • This raffle is open to all members of www.diymobileaudio.com, www.elitecaraudio.com, www.tacomaworld.com and you MUST be signed up BEFORE this raffle started! Also, anybody who has ever done business with me will be eligible this year as well.[/b]
    • You MUST be AT LEAST 18 years old with YOUR OWN PayPal account to enter
    • You DO NOT have to be present at the BBQ to win (there will be separate raffles during the BBQ for attendees).
    • Prizes will be given away as soon as maximum entry amount is met but no sooner than the minimum is met or by a designated date at my discretion if I chose to fore go the minimum.
    • If by chance more than the maximum amount of entries are obtained, those late comers will be refunded or have the option of getting in the next raffle (the time on the PayPal email will determine close calls, NOT the time posted in the thread as will be mentioned below).
    • Refund requests before a name is drawn for that item will be at MY DISCRETION ONLY so please don't enter if you are not sure you want to!
    • NO refunds will be given after the name is drawn (yes, one year someone asked for a refund after they did not win! :eek: )
    • ****ALL shipping costs will be the responsibility of the winner!****
    • If by chance I missed something and I have to change any terms in the raffle, all entrants will be notified and must agree to the changes or will have the option of receiving a refund
    • Once again, the ONLY recourse you will have IF THE ITEM IS NOT GIVEN AWAY FOR ANY REASON will be a full refund of your ticket price!!!

Here we go!

Thanks to the great guys at DYNAUDIO :) this raffle will be for a BRAND NEW DYNAUDIO ESOTEC SYSTEM 342 3-way Reference Component Set

[​IMG]

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotec/342.php

Almost forgot, the winner will also receive a DAMPLIFIER PRO DOOR PACK as well as a pair of SPEAKER TWEAKER PADS courtesy of ANT at SECOND SKIN AUDIO to make sure you get the most out of these bad boys! :)

SPECIFICS FOR THIS RAFFLE ONLY: ****PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN TICKET COST, SHIPPING COSTS, WHICH CALIFORNIA LOTTERY DRAWING WE WILL USE (MEGA MILLIONS) AND HOW IT WILL BE USED!*****
    1. ***Ticket cost will be $25.00 EACH***
    2. We will use the California Lotto MEGA MILLIONS drawing to determine the winner on a date to be announced once all tickets are sold.
    3. ****The winner will be the person that holds THE FIRST NUMBER DRAWN (you will receive your number(s) once all tickets are sold and prior to the drawing)****
    4. MAXIMUM ticket amount will be 56 (fifty-six) for this raffle
    5. MINIMUM ticket amount will be 56 (fifty-six)
    6. PayPal is the ONLY available payment method (too much trouble with money orders last year not being received). My PayPal account is ****MARVSPLACE at WEBTV dot NET**** (don't forget to format that properly!) PLEASE be sure the address you send the payment to is correct as I cannot be responsible for misdirected payments!
    7. When purchasing tickets PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEcopy the following EXACTLY and use it as the "subject" so I can keep track:

Dynaudio System 342 Ticket for "your SCREEN NAME and FORUM(s) here"

Example: "Dynaudio System 342 Ticket for Mr Marv at TW"
    8. You can enter as many times as you'd like but you MUST DO A SEPARATE TRANSACTION FOR EACH TICKET!!
    9. ***Shipping will be the responsibility of the winner!***
    10. I will ship anywhere (as long as the above rules are followed) however if you reside outside of the 48 states, YOU will be responsible for ALL shipping/duties/fees/other costs associated with delivering to you.
    11. The winner will be posted in this thread and will also be contacted by email.
    12. Winner MUST respond BY PHONE before the next MEGA drawing is held OR A NEW NAME WILL BE DRAWN! If no response has been received prior to the new name being drawn, there will be NO recourse for the first name drawn! (I will be a bit flexible on this rule at my discretion)
    13. I will post a tally in the thread with the amount of tickets left as often as possible. PLEASE DO NOT post your own tally based on what I post after you buy a ticket! Not all ticket buyers post in this thread so it makes it confusing for me and others to keep track!! (you can just post "I'm in" or something like that if you wish :))

I know it's a bit longwinded above however to avoid any misunderstandings, PLEASE PLEASE make sure you read, understand and agree to all conditions BEFORE purchasing tickets!

My email is always on overload as it is so please post any questions here so I don't have to answer the same ones over and over!

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Now, let's get this done quickly as I have an "ESOTARic" surprise in store as soon as this is done! ;)

2. Oct 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks to those here that have entered! :) BTW, there is no guarantee you will win if you do enter however if you don't enter it is guaranteed you won't win! :D

3. Oct 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    How many entrants so far?

4. Oct 9, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    12 and at this rate it will hopefully get done in the next week or so. :)

5. Oct 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    BTW, I think I forgot to mention these speakers have a value of $1400.00! :eek:

6. Oct 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Count me in!

7. Oct 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks and good luck buddy! :)

8. Oct 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    You got my address dont ya Marv? Just as well pack them up with my name on the box. :D

9. Oct 9, 2008 at 8:07 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks and you have a better chance winning these than you do with that offer you made for the amp on eBay! :eek:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Oct 10, 2008 at 7:49 AM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    :D Gotta love me :rolleyes:

11. Oct 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Any update?

12. Oct 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    You won!!! :eek: j/k! We are about 1/3 of the way there. :)

13. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Just checking in for my weekly update. How are we doing? Almost there?

14. Oct 23, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'm going to be rocking out with my new speakers. Don't even bother trying to compete with me.

15. Oct 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    :laugh:
    Thanks for the advance notice! :lalala:

16. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    So... Is there room for one more entry? How many tickets do I need to buy to close this puppy up??? :p

17. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:41 PM
    Mr Marv

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Yes there is room for one more :) and at last count you'd need to buy 30+ to finish it up :eek:.

I wanna give these away soon guys so let's buy some tickets! Would it help if I threw in a set of baffles for the winner?! :D

18. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:49 PM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Of course! anything that you throw in is that much more incentive to win! :devil:

19. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:52 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    oh yeah, that would help. I'm going to have to scrounge up my paypal password for this.

20. Oct 24, 2008 at 9:11 PM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    PayPal sent!

Take that lsocoee!!!