1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rancho Quicklift Two Weeks Post-Install

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by JacksTruck, May 3, 2018.

1. May 3, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    JacksTruck

JacksTruck [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    08' 2.7 4X4 AC
    I noticed there weren't many write-ups on the Rancho Quicklift for our trucks and what little information I managed to find was generally focused toward a negative direction. So I went ahead and bought it anyways, and two weeks ago spent a couple hours one Friday night installing it. The setup consist of two coil overs which provide aprox 2.5" of lift, two rear shocks which will allow about 2.5" of lift, and finally 1.5" blocks coupled with Hellwig Ez 500 helper springs. I use the vehicle mostly for city driving , however a few times a year it goes on camping trips or through the trails at my in-laws farm in WV, not to mention the occasional load of bark mulch or soil. So, essentially it gets both on and off road use, though nothing extreme.
    The verdict? Install was no problem, all the parts fit correctly and for anyone who has ever installed struts before it's a breeze. With hand tools, its 25 minutes per side once the wheels are off and the trucks in the air.
    The ride quality is fine, certainly better than stock. Its more responsive and feels tighter. Its a bit harsher ride than stock - only slightly- but it is a truck after all so I have no problem with that. Off road it seems a tad bit smoother, but nothing significant. At the snails pace I was traveling, I think a stock setup would have been just fine.
    In terms of settling , maybe a 1/4 inch at best. It's done a fair job at maintaining the out-of-box height.
    So would I recommend it? If you do a mix bag of driving -light off road use and occasional towing , then yes it's very suitable. I would not suggest it if you planned on going to Moab, though anyone with that consideration obviously is looking at a much more sophisticated setup. Hope this is helpful to anyone deciding whether to purchase this. Oh, and it cost me $419 after the $100 manufacture rebate.IMG_0168.jpg IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0177.jpg IMG_0174.jpg IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0168.jpg

2. May 6, 2018 at 7:20 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2015 sporty dcsb 4wd
    Lifted, armored, lumenz w/ switches, positraked, long legged, big tars, debadged with a hood skewp
    Good review an your truck looks hella good

JacksTruck[OP] likes this.
  3. May 6, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    JacksTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    08' 2.7 4X4 AC
    Thanks !

MattCowsmasher likes this.
  4. May 7, 2018 at 7:30 AM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    Excellent review, thanks for sharing.

JacksTruck[OP] likes this.
  5. May 22, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    Trucker08

Trucker08 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD off-road Prerunner tacoma
    None
    This is the kit I plan on putting on my 2015 TRD DC. You answered my question tho as to what size rear block should I use to bring the rear up a bit.. Looks like the 1.5" block you used leveled everything out nice. I've read nothing but good reviews on this kit, easy install, ride quality etc. I've been looking for a small lift but don't want to go all the way up to 3".. 2.25 or 2.5 is all I want... Truck looks great btw!

6. May 22, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    JacksTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    08' 2.7 4X4 AC
    @Trucker08 Thanks man, and glad you found it useful. The one update I should mention is that I rushed the install between work and Family obligations, so I didn't properly torque down the rear shocks. After a few days, there was an clunking sounds which grew increasingly worse. Point is, make sure you torque down the rear shocks (Lower eye bolt) to 73 ft lbs to avoid any play.

Trucker08 likes this.
  7. Jul 17, 2018 at 9:10 AM
    Joey_Tacoma

Joey_Tacoma New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma
    Do you have a specific 1.5" block that you used? Manufacturer? Billet? Iron, Composite?
    Thanks for any help.

8. Dec 4, 2018 at 6:34 PM
    Pirate6

Pirate6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Florence,KY
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OFF-ROAD
    I just spent a week in Moab testing Hercules tires all 13 JK's use Rancho.The owner said he's never had an issue and they are a please to deal with

9. Dec 4, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    Let me know what you thought about the Hercules tires. I’m running Terra Trac 2 AT’s on my truck and think they are great. I’ve run them in dirt, gravel, mud, snow, rain, 4x4 roads (no rock crawling), noth8ng but good things to say. And they are quiet on the highway. Anyway would like to know your findings.

10. Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 PM
    Pirate6

Pirate6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Florence,KY
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OFF-ROAD
    I liked all of the Hercules models,The AT2 out perfomepe the MTs in every category except sand obviously.I ran them on my second gen and I liked them better then the Toyo at2 and the Nitto AT

Sprig likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top