1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rant: All-Pro Offroad

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by k20me, May 21, 2010.

1. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    I have never bought anything from Allpro but when I was going through my stages I had contacted them many time and every time I got a response it was always positive and they were always willing to help. I have emails going back and forth with AP. I might be in if they ever do a GB for their new rear bumper.

2. Oct 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    patrickockander

patrickockander Say What?

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    TACOMA TRD Offroad version 4x4
    Supercharged, Hood Lift-struts, Borlas, 2-tone Leather, Husky Liners, 16" Completely rewired audio system, Components front/rear, Dbl Limo Tint, 2-din JVC KWNX7000BT (DVD+GPS), TRD CAI, disabled seatbelt alarm, E3 Plugs, Halo Headlights, Tuck-in style Rain guards, dealer sticker removed, Step rail,
    That's cool, to each his own.

For me, ultimately I went with my gut...with the extra time I had available waiting for the charges to go through, I was able to peruse the net and read several threads that weighed the pros and cons of the allpro bumper line, and I've decided to go with Shrockworks...willing to wait the necessary time too.

When comparing the allpro to the shrockworks I see the allpro bumper trailing behind. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

Btw, money isn't an issue here...never did figure out why they weren't able to process the cards I gave. I called the institutions several times and the institutions told me they showed no record of an attempt on their end...also ruled out fraud protection...and credit limits....so I don't know what the deal was with why the cards wouldn't take, but luckily they didn't.

Lastly, WTF cares if an older post gets bumped...this is a rant post, and I read the posters rant and saw where the guy was coming from...ultimately it looks like the situation got handled to the buyers satisfaction, so that's great.

Hope you guys have a good one...G'nite

3. Oct 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Shrockworks is a great bumper, but so is AP - I've bashed mine so many times and it is still going strong.

4. Oct 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    Allpro + Sarah = customer service gold...

5. Oct 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    Ill give all-pro props too. I had no idea where I was going with my truck, was outta the country with no real adress and wanted the parts waiting for me when I got home. I PM'd Sarah many times, every question I had she answered very quickly placed my order and the bumper/lights/winch shipped and arrived at a third party adress quickly. They were awsome and made a great effort to help in anyway possible. I think people just get pissy and jump to conclusions because so many BIG companies do suck at customer service. At the same time just as sometimes we have hangups in life so do companies, particully smaller ones. As long as the company keeps answering all my questions and my 5 times a day emails asking the status of my order I am good. I cant see All Pro dodging a customer, I would recommend them to anyone, they make a good product and more importantly make an effort to please every customer.

6. Oct 3, 2010 at 11:44 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    Uhh its obvious why people would care if you bumped a post for a bs reason. You insinuated a bad experiance with a good company that might discourage others from useing them. Kinda drama queen/childish if you ask me. A couple people might disagree but I havent seen a single thread dogging all pro that didnt end with customer satisfaction, hell half the time they give a discount when its not their fault. OOOORRRR we can bitch about every little thing, run all small buisnesses under the have our build days in the wal mart parking lot cause that will be the only store left. Who doesnt love mossy oak seat covers

7. Oct 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

x2.

8. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Eh, whatever... you got great service good for you , good for all pro

Eh, whatever... you got screwed sucks for you , fuck all pro

Seen both results , for what its worth I agree that you shouldn't jump the gun & start slamming a company until a situation warrants it..

Equally, you shouldn't hail praises to a company that follows thru on what they've already been paid to do. Its a 50/50 deal

& for you guys that get freebies, well I have no comment.....

Hows those sliders working out for you anyway Derek ???? :D:D:Dj/k

P.S. I'm not bashing allpro, they're just the example in this scenario

9. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    I haven't gotten them put on yet. :eek:

They are finally ready, and I'm going up on Wednesday if it's ok with Sarah! I sent her a PM. :p

10. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:37 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Cool buddy, shit you haven't done a run with us for a long time man, Are you cheating on us ?? :D

I'm sure they'll look great !! ;)

11. Oct 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    the voice of reason....

move on peoples...

move on...

12. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    Thanks for everyone's support! Love you guys too! ;)

...And to Patrick, again, sorry it didn't work out, but I still don't get why you posted in the first place, especially now that you've said you got good service from us, why were you "ranting"? And FYI - here is the record of our 10 attempts to charge your credit cards, since your banks misinformed you:

EDIT: PM sent instead.

13. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    ibtl
    :laugh:

14. Oct 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    84socal

84socal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    the hated mother fucker
    chino hills
    Vehicle:
    84 toyota rock crawler
    lots and lots of dents
    holy crap can u guys just let this thread die

(shit my bad hadnt been on her for a few days and it grew crazy )

15. Oct 6, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Kind of hard to let it die when you bump it.

16. Oct 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    ^^^ good job keller! , shit now i bumped it too :)

17. Dec 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
  18. Dec 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what?

19. Dec 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The golden rule a lot of people should follow is "Don't talk about what you don't know about." It's obvious you don't have any first hand knowledge/complaints about AllPro and haven't interacted with them to form any sort of opinion that has a basis in fact. There is no reason that Allpro should let someone bad mouth them and not answer. There was clear evidence of confusion/issues on both ends in the original case and just issues with the credit cards on the second time this one came up.

It's your money do what you want with it- but don't bump a thread like this to speculate...and poorly at that.

20. Dec 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    All Pro has some of the best customer service around. You shouldn't assume anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top