1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rant! Lift is done

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Alaskaflyer, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Feb 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Alaskaflyer [OP] My other ride Hovers

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DC TRD Off Road
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    So I spent all day yesterday installing my Toytec lift, everything went great, no problems what so ever. I installed it in my neighbors garage and when I drove it home I noticed the post of my shock sticking up through the top plate. I took my shocks and coils to a shop near where I work because by the time I get home from work everything around here is closed. Well, the first time the assembled them they did it wrong and I noticed it and took them back, this time they assured me it was done correctly. Well guess what they forgot, that big washer that goes on the perch of the shock post. You can't see it when it's assembled. So now tomorrow I have to take out my front coils again take them to another shop, provide the correct hardware for the shock (again) and then put them back in. Oh and to top it off I will have to do this in my driveway and its supposed to rain tomorrow.

Rant over!

2. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    :eek:

I guess they wouldn't let you watch to make sure they did it right...

3. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That sucks dood- I'd be looking for money back from them or something...Cause that's ridiculous. You had to check their work TWICE??

Glad you got most of the work done tho...Besides the frustration with the strut build-How was it??

4. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    I actually argued with the a$$hat that yes all that hardware I gave him needs to go on the shock. And yes, I wasn't allowed in the garage, safety reasons ya know.

5. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    The sad part is I got all the work done. The install was easy, honestly the toughest part was getting the centering pin on the LH leaf pack back in the hole in the axle, but that was no big deal. although they were assembled wrong I highly recommend getting your shocks and coils put together if you can before doing the install, saves a lot of time.

6. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    that sucks... I had mine done in Tucson in a "shady" shop... guys let me in there to watch.

7. Feb 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    Alaskaflyer

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    well, I'm getting good at tearing the front end apart, took me 1 hour to get both front coils out and now I wait for the shop near my house to build these up right, I have little faith, I was trying to explain what to do and how the coil needs to sit in the bucket etc... and I was kinda getting the cold shoulder. I wasn't coming across like I was telling him how to do his job, whatever, if they don't get put together right this time I just may explode!!!!!!!

8. Feb 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    It really sucks when you pay someone to do a job because you don't have the facilities or tools to properly do it and then you find that you have to do the thinking for them :mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top