1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RANT: WELLS FARGO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Greensystemsgo, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo [OP] 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    June I attempted to setup my automatic bill pay for my credit card. September it had yet to work, and the late fees were insane, and I had been sent to collections. So I went into a branch, cancelled the auto bill pay and paid what I needed to. Fast forward to last week. My account was over drafted, charging my credit card, to pay my credit card, the same credit card. The same service that didn't work now works, but wrong. Wtf bank.

So i went in and talked to them, nothing they could do, couldnt even get me a sorry, so i closed the accounts. Now, you'd think that after closing the accounts, because i was just over drafted, I would be given no money. WRONG again, closing my accounts gave me 53 bucks. THe overdraft, was 23 bucks. LOL?

anyways im a happy usaa customer now.

2. Nov 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Their logo looks disgusting. Red and yellow...

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:

Find a Credit Union. They actually want you as a customer and won't charge you $5 for everything you do.

I went to Wells Fargo once to cash a check. It was a check from a Wells Fargo banking account. They wanted to charge me $5 to cash it because i didn't have an account with them. I argued with them that because it was a check from their bank that they should cash it with no charge. It was a Friday (payday) because the line was 20+ people deep. I raised holy hell with them about the fees they charge for anything you try to do. The manager was trying to shut me up because everyone could hear the BS about all the fees.

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    Sounds like you're terrible with money. That's not their problem

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    I was a First Union customer, then it turned into Wachavia, and now Wells Fargo, I have been happy as the banks have changed names but the people, and service have stayed good.. I like most responsible people watch my money and never rely on anything automated to get bills paid, if I were not to be responsible and never check to see if things were getting paid......well I guess it would be the banks fault. Right? Dude smarten up.

6. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock.
    At first yes, i was irresponsible and did not check to see if the auto bill pay was properly functioning. i work a few jobs and am extremely busy. Two times ago when i stopped in to talk to them the wait was almost 2 hours they said, i didnt have time. So i came back. and they assured me, it was cancelled at this time.

I was on my way to the bank a week before bill was due to pay it when my phone got the email telling me about the over draft. For the last 6 years ive had my account through them, was originally bank one but left after they quit carrying deposit slips in english. My parents have been through wells +20 years which is why i joined them.

Auto pay was to pay my cards minimum of 30 bucks a month, plus 120. Then each month i go in and pay 2-500 cash depending on the month (I put EVERYTHING on my card, then pay it off at the end of the month), the auto was JUST to pay the minimum so i never forget. I had enough money in my accounts for that 150 auto pay, it just chose to overdraw my credit card 23 bucks, but it left 53 in my account anyways, so when i closed my accounts it left me 53 bucks lol

I own a business and 95% of it is cash. I keep it all documented and what not, and i still have my business accounts through them even if i do pay 15 a month in fees. I keep the cash handy as alot of it is capital, and my car insurance, school, cell phone, all bills are paid cash. Ive been burned to many times by my school attempting to pay with card/check/financial aid that ive learned cash, and a physical (not digital) reciept are the safest way to go. The isues with the school were so bad, and in my favor, that i made the local paper. :D

While TW is filled with a bunch of morons whom receive the douche canoe of the week award, please have some trust in humanity, even a shred for others :D Not everyone is doomed come zombie apocalypse.

7. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed

X2
    WF Bank is the only big bank left in the world that hasn't fallen apart!

8. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    In order to fully understand, I need a picture of this douche canoe you speak of.

9. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    creeper

creeper Well-Known Member

Member:
    You work a few jobs. You own a business. You go to school. You're so extremely busy that you didn't have time to log in to your online banking to take a quick look at your account to make sure everything was copacetic.

You do however, have enough free time to make 6+ posts/day on TW, including a build thread and one about the bank that you didn't have time to check up on.

First you had such bad issues with school financials that you made the news. Now you're having bank issues. Are we seeing a trend here?

You're right about one thing, TW is filled with morons...

10. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock.
    what i do on my free time while on my way to camp verde is my own business :D

11. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Cool, since I wasn't the first to threadjack......thanks for the comment. Funny how my truck is #1 on the list of most disliked colors. I sure the the poor guy who started this thread wants to set a match to it at this point. :p

12. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Well fargo just sucks period!

13. Nov 12, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock.
    I could care less, I'm not complaining about money, simply the misorganization.

The school, the loan needed to be resigned as my master prommisary note was lostt third week of classes in the spring semester. So I was dropped from my classes and still charged. Tell me how many of you tw members have to sign your loan for each semester, mines usually good for a full year. The school blamed me for not knowing it needed to be signed. Again.

I just thought id share my unfortunate luck, and while many may believe I'm irresponsible with my money, atleast I'm not like most whom carry a growing balance.

14. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    You just have to watch your money, banks are out to make money, and they will make it off those who do not watch there money. I have no idea what or how a student loan is and works but i'm sure there is a bank out there well suited for your situation, you are still going to have to watch your money. Watch it more often as your money gets low.

15. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I can't say anything bad about them personally. I just did a refi on my house with them. My mortgage was already with them and got a lower rate paid little closing cost while lowering my payment $150 and done over the internet for the most part. Done it quickly and painlessly. I mean they didn't have to do anything, It saved me money while they lost some.

16. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    Banks are all to eager to make money, off of your mistakes. You have to monitor them constantly. I am a Wells Fargo customer, and I have experienced the same thing with them. Monitor your bank accounts on a daily basis. I see you fixed the problem, by going with an online bank, but still check on your accounts regularly.

17. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock.
    yeah I can monitor from my phone, wells fargo app has errors/authentication issues over 3g for some reason, usaa works great:D

18. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    shit, I just setup auto payment for my truck note. Sorry you had to endure that but thanks for the heads up.

19. Nov 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    Greensystemsgo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock.
    Yeah I guess moral oral of the story, check your shit. When I was in closing account he did mention it takes 30 days for auto bill pay to bstar up. So watch it. And 30 days to close.

20. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    i love WF, everything is free compared to other banks in my area, no atm charges, other random charges, my frind has bank of america and it charges her 2.50 just to CHECK HER BALANCE of her account, eff that

Products Discussed in

To Top