1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RATE YOR DEALER

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Leggo, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    Pizzajon

Pizzajon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner single cab
    Brushguard, hella 500 lights, pistol holster, 8 ball shifter knob (ha), factory seat covers, tint
    Bought mine from Cherokee County Toyota in Canton GA. I'd give them a 5, sales guys there are robots. I get all service done at Toyota of Roswell. Now I'd give them a 10! best service tech"s and managers I have ever worked with.

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    + 10 For McGeorge Toyota in Richmond, Va. Sales and Service is great! I have bought 2 vehicles from them

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Servco toyota "honolulu". give em an 8. They're in an expensive area so you can't haggle great, and they tell you up front there's at least a 2 week wait for service, for those of you that are handicapped or injured. They also still try to rip people off with the tint, paint protection polish, extended warranties etc. But they don't do like cutter pontiac/GMC and agree on a "payment" then see how much they can bump up the principle without discussing it with you.

Their service, and showroom "boys" walk around in pressed toyota service shirts and pressed khaki pants with hair cuts befitting a Bmw dealer. Wide open spaces in an area where retail space is several bills a square foot. Good selection, no "market value" sticker; and policy of hiring only salesmen that have not had a career in auto sales. Most of their salesmen have been there for years and years, where other dealers around here, sales is about a 6 month gig. Everything is always "their fault" and they have hosts/hostesses that greet you at the door and get you to the person you want to see. None of that "page and wait" mentality... or just wandering around a showroom looking.

Had the sales manager come out to the parking lot and stand with me while he got the service manger to come out and look at just some specks on my windshield I noticed the day after sale. Just some overspray, probably from some repair from shipping or something.

Parts is even better.

There's a reason they make up almost 50% of all cars sold on this island. The only better dealer is around the corner of their building and is Servco Scion. Better because scion has a better sales model, the rest is the same.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Western Toyota - Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

I give them an 8. They are pretty good to deal with. It's hard to get my truck in at a decent date though for servicing and problems.
    Other than that I am quite pleased. They are much better then other dealerships in town

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    Truckn4life

Truckn4life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Iowa City
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 Reg Cab SR5
    Toyota of Iowa City, Iowa gets a big fat 2

for having nice smiles with tons of bullshit behind them

Held out on the truck for 2 weeks to get a great deal and havent gone back. they wont service the paint falling off my hood and I caught them trying to sneak in hidden fees during the purchase.

get your truck and get out.

6. Jan 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Performance Toyota/Volvo in Sinking Spring, PA. I agree no dealer is perfect. I'd give them an 8 or 9 though. Buying experience was good. They didn't have the exact truck I wanted anywhere in the tri-state area but they were able to locate one a lot faster than I anticipated. No problems with the service department so far either.

7. Jan 16, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    snakebite

snakebite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hanover, PA
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma xcab 4x4 AT (7514)
    2005 4runner sport wheels, jeraco cap
    Hanover Toyota in PA knows how to get it done. Awesome employees that are caring and know their product. 10 for sales and 10 for service.

8. Jan 16, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    gtdad66

gtdad66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    West Ga
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited
    Front window tint, tool box, bed mat
    I had the worst experience at this location, the salesman wanted to screw my eyes out on selling me a truck. I will not be returning to that dealership ever and dont recomend anyone going there. If Lowe toyota people are reading this GOOD, I tell everyone i know considering buying a toyota to go to Butler in Macon Ga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jan 16, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    005Tacoma

005Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Thomasville, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    I bought mine from Warner Robins Toyota now Lowe Toyota I rank them a 0

10. Jan 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    COACHPPARK

COACHPPARK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    ST. PETERSBURG
    Vehicle:
    2024 CELESTIAL SILVER METALLIC TRD SPORT
    TINTED ALL WINDOWS, SOME GRILLE BADGES,
    I bought mine from autoway toyota in Pinellas Park didnt have the truck i wanted but they worked a deal for me on my 2010 reg cab talked them down to 12g great service dept too would recommend them anytime 9.5 out of 10

11. Jan 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Cabe Toyota, CA. Their sales people (Shawn & Charlie) are highly competetive and would give them an 9 out of 10. The service department is less to be desired though. I'd say 5 out of 10.

Norwalk Toyota, CA. Varies. With the fleet managers (Kevin and Rick) I would give them (mostly Kevin) a 9. Other than that, their entire sales department would be a 3. Horrible to deal with. Gives you the run around, tries to confuse you by changing payment terms, etc... Tried to purchase here 3 times before I was referred to Kevin. Service department is 8 out of 10. Parts department is 2. They swear Toyota does not make an additive for the LSD along with their high prices.

Crown Toyota, Ca. Dan Rodgers is Fleet is straight forward, no bs. 10 out of 10. Very helpful will even go below "invoice". Don't know about their service dept though.

Gosch Toyota, CA. Emilio Aguilar got our truck from the almost $27K sticker down to $22,500.

Claremont Toyota, CA. Got my '09 TRD OR from another dealer with a MSRP of almost $32K down to $27.3K with LoJack installed. Service dept is a 7.

Toyota of Whittier, CA. Don't know about sales but they hassled me with the rear spring TSB. Had me come back 3 times with multiple complaints to Toyota before they did it even after seeing the bump stop marks on the frame. Called it "normal". Service dept = 2

Hamer Toyota, CA. Steven Denson got us a decent deal on our 4Runner when other's won't budge on the price. Sales = 7. Finance department trying to sell us the 7 year platinum warranty for $2500 is a different story. Stay away from "Zane".

Longo Toyota, CA. Biggest dealership in CA. Super selection of any Toyota, Scion, Lexus available. Pricing however is not as competitive as one would think for such a huge dealership. Sales = 6

Yep, I've been to a lot. Hope this helps someone out.

12. Jan 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    DanCavaToyota Fairmont WV

It is a tough call what to rate this dealership.
    Definitely the best prices in the region, and when you say you want invoice pricing they give it to you.

Downside was it took months to get a truck that resembled what I actually wanted, and had to deal with multiple people. Dealer trades and factory ordering were crazy and not common sense like dealing with FORD dealerships. That may just be a problem with this region of Toyota, not the dealership themselves.

It gets a recommend based on their pricing.

13. Jan 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    Deathbeard

Deathbeard Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Regular cab
    Camburg Spindles, Camburg 1.25" UCA, All pro expedition rear 3" leaf, 5100 all around, 17x9 raceleline renegade 6, 33's
    Toyota Of Escondido=A+

Miller Toyota Anaheim= F

Hooman Toyota= F

Longo=F

14. Feb 1, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    bonsai3s

bonsai3s Active Member

Member:
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD, Off Road, Prerunner
    Bingham Toyota in Clovis, Ca...horrible. We wanted to buy a new Tacoma. (I visited my first dealership in 1972, so I've been around the block a few times.) First the salesman rushed all the figures and wanted us to sign immediately. After we negotiated a price, the salesman got his manager. After a long wait, the manager showed up and gave us his prepared speech. The manager didn't even listen to anything we said. Just like most dealers, he was trying to sell us a truck and options we didn't want. Sad to say, they are still using the same tricks I heard almost 40 years ago. Rating: 1...horrible...I wouldn't go there.

15. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I was happy with Hammer Toyota in West Hills CA,also had a good exp @ Longo Toyota in CA,and one other place was Toyota of Dallas.

16. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Northtown toyota
    sales - 7
    service - big fat 0

West Herr toyota
    sales - 9
    service - 9

17. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    I bought my truck from North Shore Toyota. The sales department is great, gave me a deal that I couldn't get anywhere else in the city (though it took a lot of arguing to get it). Their service department is another story. I wanted to be loyal to them, but they just kept screwing up simple things. I'd say 8 in the sales department, 4 in service.

I get my service done at Open Road Toyota now. So far I'm happy with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top