1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rats! Lost another day!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Beefed Taco, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    This is a story about real life, not truck parts....sort of.

Yesterday,Saturday, I had plans on building truck parts and my wife had plans on driving to a fair to watch a few of her Autistic students compete in a animal showing contest.

I heard her turn her enigine in her Avalanche over.....twice, and knew something was wrong. She got in immediate trouble when I saw her gas light on and the needle on E....like usual.

We drove to the gas station in the Taco...a couple times, since the light was staying on and the needle wasn't moving.

I have a friend I always call when I have vehicle trouble since he's a mobile mechanic and he always has good tips. Seems he's experienced the exact same thing on a Chevy truck too.....we went through the few simple things to listen for and check, and he had another scenario also....at first I thought there's no way, but when I dropped the gas tank down to the point I could see the top of it, DAMN! He was right! A rat nest with a BIG fat rat sitting there looking at me like I was interupting him.

Living away from people is the best, but comes with a few quirks......so I'm working all day Sunday again building truck parts since life has to come first sometimes.

Finally, the best part....dropping the tank wasn't too bad and didn't take too long, (the sun was still out too!) a u-joint cap fell off (since I didn't tape them and be as careful as I should have) and I lost 2 needle bearings! AAHHH!! seriously, something this small keeping an entire vehicle from driving, damn, this is why I'll take fabbing over mechanic work any day now. I never found the other needle bearing, and didn't want to do a rear u-joint, so stole a bearing out of a spare u-joint I keep on my 4x4 Chevy in the tool box. Back to normal and running behind as usual. Life is fun sometimes.

[​IMG]

BB gun in right hand, spotlight in left, Orkin poison boxes, Irish Spring soap cut into pieces and layed all over areas on the 3 vehicles, and big rat traps and sticky mouse traps.....these bastards are sneaky and harder than one might think to catch.

[​IMG]

gastankrat 001.jpg
    gastankrat 002.jpg

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC

Looks like ya got him.

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    Thats crazy, I didn't think rat would eat wires like that!

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    That's not him, he got away when I was dropping the tank. This one was one that entered the Orkin poison hotel in my back yard.

They LOVE eating metal. Didn't really care much about the housing around the wires, and was more interested in the copper wire inside. They've also got into my trash and ate a bunch of tin foil.

Products Discussed in

To Top