1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattle Drivers Side Door

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kris77, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    AlaskaTacoma

AlaskaTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    TRD The Good Stuff
    6000K HIDs w/Fogs Smoked Tail lights Window Tint Dual Exhaust Sockmonkey Decal's Billet Grille Wet Okole Seat Covers Tacomaworld.com Sticker :) Painted Engine Cover Ultragauge WeatherTech Floor Mats
    Yeah it gets worse when im on the highway going 65, its a really annyoing sound

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    Hipster

Hipster Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    I have the rattle at the glove box as well. Do a search and you should find the solution. One of these days I'll fix it...after I install my aftermarket fan to get rid of the chirp sound the OEM fan makes (dealer already replaced).

My ice sound ended up being my Mag light batteries. I keep it laying on the floor when it should be mounted at the seat. Luckily, it wasn't a loose screw.

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    I got the rattle as well. Been drowning it out with music, but when I want the stereo off this rattling noise is killer. I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to have him look at it. It's just really annoying...

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    06RedComa

06RedComa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC Sport
    Kings, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, Dakar leafs, TRD exhaust, Grillcraft grille, All-Pro APEX Bumper, Kenwood DNX6960, Avid Sliders, SnugTop Rebel, 285/75/16 Hankook Dynapro atm
    Just throwing this out there, but I had a rattle when a clip on the splash guard came out, thought it was in the door or dsh for the longest time and then finally figured it out.

5. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City UT
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Factory Monster Truck Package with reverse gear.
    I had a rattle when my window was partially down. I fixed it by going to Wal-Mart and buying a piece of black velvet, cut it to size and glued it to the inside part where its straight before it angles and now window doesnt rattle against that hard rubber and you cant even notice it :)

6. Feb 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    I've got a rattle right beside my ear as well. It's in the b-pillar and I'm sure it's the seat belt adjuster. Instead of messing with it I'm gonna pop by the dealer tomorrow and get them to fix it.

7. May 12, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    pgiroua

pgiroua Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    "I've got a rattle somewhere above the speaker in the door, just on the driver's side. I only hear it buzz when the bass hits at certain frequencies. I'll wait for a few months and take it in and have any other issues
    fixed as a group."

Did you ever get that buzz fixed above the speaker? I have the same issue when the bass hits...

8. Apr 23, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    Surfh2o

Surfh2o Well-Known Member

Member:
    I know this is old but I had the same issue on my '13. The speaker would vibrate and rattle the window/lock panel. The panel is loose, heck I even popped it out with my fingernail. Start at the top of the control panel toward the front of the truck and pop it out, it pivots up from that end. Pull it out, let it hang. I took some electrical tape and put like 2-3 layers around the top part of the hole where the panel would sit on. Make sure the overhang of the tape goes toward the hole not on the outside or you'll see the tape when the panel is back on. To reinstall, put the part towards the back of the truck in first, pivot the front down and snap the panel in place. This made the panel fit more snug and the noise from the speaker is gone. Now if I could get rid of that window air noise right at my ear. I never would have thought the slightest of noises would have drove me so nutzz.

photo.jpg

9. Mar 25, 2016 at 8:49 PM
    BraskaTaco

BraskaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR
    Anyone figure out a fix for the rattle in the B-pillar? :)

10. May 19, 2023 at 9:11 PM
    PT1970/underwaterwelder

PT1970/underwaterwelder New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Summerville SC
    Vehicle:
    2000 Green V6 4x4 extra cab
    N/A
    Same rattling on my 2000 V6 door

Products Discussed in