1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattling for bucks

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by hoosiertaco, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Squirrels will give deer away too.......along with the crows. Anytime squirrels go crazy close to me.....ill go ahead and start looking,cause most time,a few does will not be far away.

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift

That's what I always listen for. I hear several squirrels start goin nuts, I usually go ahead and grab my gun.

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    Madams

Madams Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    They call it barney
    I hear them barking and I leave my bow still on the hanger. cause I dont see nothing and even 5 minutes after the squirrels stop barking still dont see nothing coming to me cause I over a white oak thats dropping and deer are on it.
    Squirrels could just be barking just to be barking. Or they thought they seen a predator.

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    :annoyed:come to think of it there is an old gray on the cedar point that barks at
    every and anything, even leaves blowing along the groung. Think it likes to hear itself.
    It would look good stuffed in the corner of my den, doing what it does best. Hey idea......new door bell :D

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Yeah......them jokers get on my nerves sometimes too. Ahaha

6. Oct 7, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    :rofl:

7. Oct 7, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Knew that would get a laugh.
    Heading out at dark thirty tomorrow, gonna pick up a retired Marine then hit the woods. Will take the camera and pull trail cam pic's hopefully will have something neat to post.

Here turkey, turkey, turkey....................wait, still have some time yet.

Grunt, Grunt,

8. Oct 13, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Well got back last night, spent the first few days behind a chainsaw help a friend out. Thing kicked my butt :eek:.
    Was able to spend alot of time in the blind set ups, seen plenty of deer at all ranges, didnt pull back on a single one. Just the the fact that I was out and by myself was a prize in itself.
    Drop tine showed himself twice, just before dark. He was busted up pretty bad, and two tines broke. Didnt think they would be doing their thing now, but he also had small patches of hair missing. He won or lost, if he lost I would like to see who kicked his butt.
    Did find on the south fence line a deer that was caught up in old barb wire, not on my place. Appears to have been their a long time, hard telling.
    Heading back down Tuesday morning for fall turkey, lets see if I can get some pics.
    Enjoy the outdoors, cause I sure am.

9. Oct 13, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    Now is an awesome time of year isn't it :D Hope you get the one you're looking for. Best of luck!

10. Oct 13, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enjoy the fall 'bow, sounds like fun so far. I'm hoping to get out soon and my in-laws are patterning some turkeys behind their house for my kids.(I can't hunt back there..only the kids...I'm good with that!...haha) May get them out Saturday after fall turkey comes in and have a fun sit.

11. Oct 24, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Got back yesterday, wow what a bunch of rain. Only thing running around was a squirrel.
    Told myself they were gonna have to hit this field at some point in time, so went back out in it. Sat 30 minutes and 12 walked out into it. Was able to pick what I wanted. 21 lbs, inch spurs, and 10 inch beard. Camera got all wet so waiting for it to dry before downloading pics.
    Sat with a friend of mine in same blind following morning, had 14 walk in from side of cedar thicket at 68 yards. He nailed his at 28 yards, and heck only 3 flew off, the rest stayed put. Seemed they waited on the hens to walk off before they did.
    Sometimes they are so dumb.......:D

12. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Got my vacation time for the week after Thanksgiving! I'm pumped. That'll be my first time in the woods this season...still waitin on the arm to heal. Can't wait!

13. Oct 26, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    opiestaco

opiestaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wolcott, VT
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 V6 6speed 4X4
    Lifted with 285/75r16
    No luck here in Vermont Bow season. Weather has been to warm. Our deer kill is way down for bow season. They are saying the stores that have reported half as much as last year are doing good. Most have less reported. ( hope that makes sense) Rifle season starts in a couple weeks. Hopefully things pick up then.

Products Discussed in

To Top