1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rattling noise

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by hodgey, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    hodgey

hodgey [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kati
    north carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    Afe filter, deck plate mod,window vent visors, tint, plastic diped rims, plastic dipped bumper and front grill. Plastic dipped tool box, mag light mod, chime mod, and cluster lights changed.
    So there is a rattling noise that has been going on for a while. The only time I hear it is when I am stopped at a light when I am breaking. I have proceed to try to move my head down towards the glove box to see if it gets louder but I have nothing. It is a 2004. I also have a small whining steering wheel that happens in the mornings. Not sure if they have anything to do with each other. Thanks for taking the time to read and help.

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    Mxer256

Mxer256 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner
    2012 Tacoma Trd sport, 10" bulletproof lift with traction bars and icon resi rear shocks, custom headlights and tail lights, 24x14 American force jades,37x13.50x24 Toyo mt, 1" borla wheel spacers, 30" lightbar, new build so more to come come
    standard or automatic? If automatic i bet its your shifter....try driving while holding onto it and see if it stops..same thing happened to me

3. Feb 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    hodgey

Member:
    First Name:
    Kati
    north carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    Afe filter, deck plate mod,window vent visors, tint, plastic diped rims, plastic dipped bumper and front grill. Plastic dipped tool box, mag light mod, chime mod, and cluster lights changed.
    automatic. thanks for replying. I will try that out.

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    hodgey

Member:
    First Name:
    Kati
    north carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    so i held on to it when it started rattling and it did not stop. I changed the gears while stopped and braking to see if it would still rattle in other gears. It rattles in all other gears except neutrel. The loudest is drive and it doeset do it when it is just in gear in park with out having your foot on the brake. I am confused!!! Transmission issue???

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    Mxer256

Mxer256 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner
    2012 Tacoma Trd sport, 10" bulletproof lift with traction bars and icon resi rear shocks, custom headlights and tail lights, 24x14 American force jades,37x13.50x24 Toyo mt, 1" borla wheel spacers, 30" lightbar, new build so more to come come
    Well i have read some where on here that it was designed to do that to prevent one something from messing up...but yeah i took the center cup hold console out and it just looks like this part isnt on tight...ill try taking it apart tomorrow and taking pics and circle what im talking about...but yeah it bugs the mess out of me

Products Discussed in

To Top