1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rca cable suggestion?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zero niner, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Jul 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    zero niner

zero niner [OP] romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Hello,

After getting my question answered about pre-running rca cables (in my prerunner, get it? ah, never mind) I've decided to finally get some.

My question is, with the small space behind the deck and area, what rca's are you folks running? I was looking at Knukoncepts cables since they seem the best bang for the buck. I was looking at Krystal RCA Kables, but they look pretty think, anyone use these? If not, how about the Karma SS Kables, as they look thinner? The only other one I found in the price range was Streetwires Zero Noise 5, any feedback on this one?

Thanks in advance, just wanna do this one right the first time!

Rob

2. Jul 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Cool, thanks for the feedback!

Sidenote, who is the couple in your Avatar?

Rob

3. Jul 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
  4. Jul 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    Went with Rockford Fosgate. 20 feet was more than enough and I ran them down the middle.

5. Jul 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I wouldn't be so concerned about looks, but focus on build quality instead. I prefer my cables to feel hardy and well protected with connectors that make good solid contact.
    Additionally, I don't care for the cables where all 5 are connected together - a flat, wide cable is harder to manage and eventually twists itself all up.
    Remember also that a thinner insulation won't protect as well as a thicker insulation -note I'm talking in terms of kinks, etc.

For example...

For as much as I like their other equipment, I'll admit that Memphis Car Audio makes some horrible cables.
    I have some Memphis that look like Knukonceptz Karma. The outside insulation is clear, and I can see in my cable where the inner insulation is frayed. The connectors won't fit standard RCA female connections, so I've had to crimp/widen the connectors to fit on a MEMPHIS AMP (memphis cables not fitting a memphis sub?? WTF!). On the plus side it's extremely thin... but like I said, I don't care for that.

I would personally try the Krystal. That's an exceptional price.

Also, every now and then you can find some really nice cables at RadioShack. Quite surprising!

I'm eventually going to rip out my current RCAs and replace them with something else. A rough game plan is to buy something like 3 of the Klarity cables, run them down the passenger side, and go to the amp. The reason for running down the passenger side is because there's tons more space on that side.

6. Jul 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting all my kables from knuconeptz. They had the best bang for the buck! I went with the krystal ones because he says they are very flexible and will work for our cramped space behind the dash.

You and I have almost the same set up, I'm running just one amp a 4 channel, I'll run the front Hybrid's with the 2 channels and bridge the rear channels to run my one ID sub in a Marv box. The rear 5.25's will be run by the power from my deck, a Kenwood DNX 5120. I should be able to run all the wiring this weekend and meet up with Marv in a couple of weeks to install the box and tune my truck.

Thanks again folks!

Rob

7. Jul 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Yes, I agree with Knukoncept being best bang for the buck. But more so, the build quality is excellent regardless of the price. I an not terribly concerned with RCAs as I have never had an issue with induced noise traceable to the RCA itself, so sturdy connectors that won't pull off when I am squeezing them into or pulling them off of amps is the biggest factor to me.

8. Jul 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Thanks Sooner!

Always good to get validation and have a great forum to bounce ideas off of. I was going to pay someone to do all the install work but since this group has been so great, not to mention I was able to meet up with a great guy locally to help, I've been doing all the work myself, certainly am saving me some big bucks!!!

Rob

Products Discussed in

To Top